Hi, this has been bugging me since I built my system last summer, but has recently become annoying again as i've just bought a new DVDR drive. (I originally had exactly the same problem with my Plextor CDRW in the same system). Basically, Nero just doesn't like my PC. Sometimes I can manage to get away with a burn or two before my pc resets, or sometimes it resets on trying to launch nero. Both my cdrw and dvdr have worked fine in windows. They both can write using the inbuilt windows cd writing software. They can both write with Alcohol 120% and CDRWIN. Other than Nero, my PC is 100% stable all of the time. My spec is: Win XP Pro + SP1 + all latest WU patches IC7-G P4 2.8 1Gb Corsair XMS3500 GF4 Ti4200 2x SATA WD Raptors in RAID 0 on ICH5 (SATA 1 & 2) Using the intel accelerator drivers. 1x WD Caviar 120GB on IDE2 Master 1x NEC 2500a on IDE1 Master I have tried the following: - 3 different ASPI layers (nero's own, adaptec 4.60 and 4.70) - Moving the CDRW/DVDR to a different IDE channel (and slave / master) - Updating the motherboard BIOS - Reinstalling Nero - 4 different versions of Nero 5 / 5.5 / 6.1 / 6.3 - A full windows reformat (twice) - Beating my head against my desk I'm about to give up unless someone can suggest a fix. Nero is my software of choice, so i'm frustrated that I cant use it.