1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oriphus, Does he live in this forum, Does he exist outside the matrix?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by SabreLord, Aug 1, 2003.

1. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

How many posts has Oriphus placed in this forum?

Guniness Book of Records candidate?

I THINK SO!

Your replies are invaluable and have answered many of my questions. Oriphus I SALUTE YOU!

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Not only does he have the quantity, but also quality.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Aw...thanks guys, that made me happy. I appreciate your kind comments :)

I'll let you into a secret. Im usually on the forum before i go to bed at night and sometimes when i copy DVD's. Most of my time is spent with girl, playing football, watching football, or out drinking with my mates 3 days a week.

I'll let you in to another secrect. If you have a hardware/computer related problem, Ken is your man, he knows it all. I've learnt a good bit from him over the past while ;-)
    Cheers

Chris

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Thanks dude!

Now I assume when you say football, you mean what us Canadians would call soccer, right?

5. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Well my Team is Real Madrid who do you support Oriphus.

The days Man Utd sold Stam and Beckham were the days I stopped supporting them.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, i mean soccer for the Americans and Canadians here ;-)

Well, i must be the biggest Man Utd supporter, member and minor shareholder in the country. The day we sold Beckham was a great one. If you think about it, what did he have that was a necessity to the team. He had no pace, he couldnt dribble the ball, he was useless at tackling and he had a life-style that affected the team. Real madrid bought him really not for his amazing ability to pass the ball with great accuracy. Not even for his good free kicks. They bought him to sell shirts for them. Its all PR. Since his departure, United have performed better than any other Pre-season warm up. We have the money and the players to beat any other team in the owrld. Good bye Real Madrid, we'll blow you away if we play you this year. lso, Jap Stam is a different matter. he was an amazing player, but when you speak of the manager in that way you have to go.

In La Liga i support Real betis, in The Argentinian league, i support River Plate, and i support Juventus in serie a. However, nothing comes between me and my Man Utd. Im going to Old Trafford for the game against Arsenal on 20th September.

Here guys, if you support a team, come give me your weekly reviews of your team in this thread. Im going to be posting before and after every match when possible here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/42690

7. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Beckham was pretty shit when it came to taking the ball all the way into the penalty area and scoring. His dead ball crosses and freekicks on the other hand are second to none.

Scholes in my opinion is one of the best players in the world because he has the pace to run past defenders and score, pity he's such an ugly c***, his looks make him less marketable.

Man Utd have lost a lot of there asian fans who without a doubt made up a huge share of Man Utd's revenue. Beckham and Ronaldo are the two most admired players in SE Asia. I predict the day Beckham joined Madrid will be the day Real Madrid starts to become the biggest financial club in the world.

I still rate Man Utd highly but Real Madrid's spending power and ability to buy the best shows that they have no equal. When players like Ronaldinho turn down United for Barca, that's when you know they are not the force they once were.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I agree with most of what you said, bar the bit about Ronaldinho turning down United for Barca. Nobody turned down United. United made it clear that if people were going to be playing games all day with the signing of a player, they would not be interested. They set a deadline that passed and then THEY pulled out of the bidding. It was no longer an option for Ronaldinho to come to United. Instead, he goes to a team without champions league football. A team without the hope of winning la liga. A team, in decline, which will not be the dominate power of the European and club football teams. That burden is still bestowed upon the two great teams of Europe, Manchester Unitd and Real Madrid.

It is interesting though watching Real Madrids spending patterns. They seem to go for the flamboyant and extravagent players, such as Ronaldo, Beckham, Figo and Zidanne, to name but a few. That has worked for Nou Camp so far. However, Uniteds approach is a more finnancially sound one than that of its rivals. It is to buy players that show amazing potential, that has not yet been seen on the football field, as well as spending on the big names like Ferdinand, Van Nistleroy and Veron. Take Tim Howard. A £2.2 million pound signing from new york. His debut was amazing and he shows so much potential. Then look at Juventus with their £30million Buffon, who is amazing, but when you pay an extra £27.8million for a player tha does the same task, you will find yourself not winning. We can now spend our money on other players.

I do hope that Raul will come to Old Trafford since he wont sign another contract with Real Madrid. I have a dream team i would like to see united play:

GK: Howard/Carrol

Def: G.Neville, Ferdinand, Silvestre, O'Shea

Mid: Solksjaer, Keane, Scholes, Giggs

Fwrd: Van Nistelroy, Raul

I would happily put Veron, Phil Neville, Djemba Djemba, Bellion, Brown, and Kleberson in also._X_X_X_X_X_[small]For DVD Back up info: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk
    For User Guides/Downloads: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2003
  9. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I think I'd like soccer better if they did the following:

-Make the field a lot smaller, freeze it, and put some boards up.
    - Make the ball smaller and flatter.
    - Give the players sticks to hit this new "ball"
    - Because the field is frozen give the players skates.

;)

10. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Typical canadian : )

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I think there may be a psort like that called Ice Hockey lol

12. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Ice Hockey isn't that the sport where there are two teams who are padded from head to toe and their objective is to beat the living shit out of their opponents.

For bonus points they occasionally try to score at the goal with a puck.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2003
  13. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

That's about it. lol

Nothing like body checking one of your buddies into the boards hard. :)

14. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Sup Guys?

Listen, this thread was fine the way it started, its nice to get some feedback to users but when it gets to chit chat, its the safety valve ;-)

Thnx!

Thread Moved!

15. nik99

nik99 Regular member

moved to where?

16. Dela

eh the safety valve!

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey cheers, i was gonna say to you about moving it tonight cuz it aint got anything to do with DVD2One. I hope we can all continue the soccer conversation in the soccer thread on this forum. Im presuming you support Man Utd too Dela, so i hope ill see u in it backing me up ;-)

18. Dela

yep i do but u made 3 way too long posts for me to read now so ill read them later!

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Those long posts show my dedication to Man Utd. Im their bigget fan, along with my mate willis. We're gonna dress up as red devils for the arsenal match hehe

20. Dela

You might be a big fan dude but ull never be as big as my brother, he would actually drive you crazy!! he just doesnt stop. everything is united united united, he comes up here i know im in for hours of sky sports news and mutv!