1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing newly burnt DVD's

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by chrispix1, Nov 9, 2004.

1. chrispix1

chrispix1 Member

Hi there!...I have just burnt my first DVD using Mac the Ripper....the burnt DVD plays brillaint on my mac but my stand alone dvd player (connected to the tv)...refuses to recognise the DVD.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with how i burnt the DVD....I dragged the file containg the the files Audio and Video...so when you click on the burnt DVD you get first one file (unnamed) then two inside that one....only then when I click video does the file play.

I'm wondering if I should have dragged just the audio and the Video folders on their own before burning?

Also (maybe of use)....I'm using DVD+RW discs....does the disc type make a difference??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Is there a Rip & Burn tutorial posted here? There should be.

You should rip with MTR or DVDbackup1.3. Then compress with dvd2onex if bigger than 4.3gb.

Then using toast 6: SELECT DATA/DVD-ROM, create a disc title with all caps and no spaces. Then inside your disc should be the VIDEO_TS AND AUDIO_TS folders.

If dvd player on the mac pops up and plays the discs you burn fine, then the MEDIA you are using might not work with your player. Try it in another player to see.

MG