1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help!! Inconsistency & Confusion..

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by iFix, Sep 17, 2004.

1. iFix

iFix Member

Ok everyone, thanks for reading. I hope someone can help me out. I have been having some real inconsistency trying to rip/burn my dvds. Here's what I mean:

I know the final disc image needs to be 4.36 GB or less to fit on a DVD right? (Oh btw, I use MacTheRipper to rip the dvds and then DVD2OneX to compress them if needed.) The problem is: sometimes 4.36 GB fits on my DVD-R just fine, and other times it doesn't! What's weirder is that if I try to compress to a little less than 4.36 GB (like 4.33, 4.29, 4.24) than I do get a little more run-time, just not enough.

What I don't get is why 4.36 GB does work now and again. For example, "Ghost in the Shell" was exactly 4.36 and I got the whole movie to fit perfectly. But when I ripped "Reservoir Dogs" it came out to about 4.33 and chopped off the last 5-10 mins! Does that make any sense at all? No! To top it off I got the "Italian Job" to squeeze into about 4.29 GB... guess what, it lost the last 14 mins.

Is this a problem with DVD2One compression? Or is it bad media? (memorex 8x 4.7 GB) Thanks for any help you can offer!!

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I'd try different media...

MG

3. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

Try to compress you video_ts with DVDRemaster,this is the
    fastest and best way to small dvds.Be sure that
    M2VRequantiser is selected and the quality on best (slower).I
    never had any problems with the size or files that are
    missing.Burn your dvd-r with toast.
    If it happens again,then i think that you better try a diffrent