1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem ripping dvd with subtitles

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by plex, Oct 8, 2003.

1. plex

plex Guest

Hello

When I backup dvd movies, the subtitles are not on the disc...

I'm using this guide:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/25097

I'm using Toast Titanium for burning.

Of couse I select subtitles, but they are not show on playback, and my player sais that not subtitles....?

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
    Hans

Sorry my bad English

2. Angsty

Angsty Member

Hi Hans,

I've just spent the past week end working out how to include subtitles on my DVD back-ups. Like you, I too used the instructions, but got stuck when wanting to include subtitles.

(I used to use OSex + transcoder + toast and that worked fine when I didn't need to include subtitles)

This is what I did for subtitles:

1. I used DVDBackup (instead of OSex) and copied the whole disk to a folder on my desktop.

2. I used DVD2OneX to encode the files -> the movie-only option allows you to select which subtitles you want to include. (disc-copy includes all subtitles)

3. I burned with Toast.

The backed up disc starts playing with subtitles switched on, but a press of the 'subtitle' button turns them off.

So far, I can say I am glad I forced myself to pay money (ouch!)for DVD2OneX as it does exactly what it says it will.

Hope this helps.

Ang