1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razr doesn't sync with Outlook..

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by 340HP, Dec 22, 2004.

1. 340HP

340HP Member

I've read may threads about the Phone Tools not working with Outlook 2003. I tried to follow the steps, of installing 3.11 first, then Maj_mobilePhoneTools.exe, then mobilePhoneTools_2.21b_US.exe, and all is supposed to work. The problem is that I can't find the Maj_mobilePhoneTools.exe ANYWHERE.

Can anyone help?

2. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

try this program it works for /\/\3 www.mobiledit.com

3. 340HP

340HP Member

Works great, reading both phonebooks (from Outlook and the phone). But when I try to copy stuff from Outlook to the V3 (Razr) this program gets an error. I still can't write to the phone.

4. 340HP

340HP Member

I see what's happening. It says "illegal characters." It seems that when it reads the Outlook phonebook, it mis-reads it. Adding a ton of weird characters to names and email addresses.

5. 340HP

340HP Member

Hmm, it's also buggy. Crashes (locks up) when I try to select-all and COPY to another phonebook.

I'll keep playing with it.

THANKS FOR THE INFO THOUGH. The product seems worthy of usage.

6. kmht

kmht Guest

I've got 2 V3s and I've managed to Sync all 500 odd numbers with nearly no problems with only a few numbers left out due to the format I type them in, but other than that it works perfectly.

Just gotta get the original GeeDaddy mobile phone tools and his precise instructions.

7. 340HP

340HP Member

Can you point me GeeDaddy's stuff?

8. kmht

kmht Guest