1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sizzle multiplexing errors on certain second disc dvd's

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Haas5615, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Haas5615

Haas5615 Member

On certain dvd's, such as We Were Soldiers, Windtalkers, and Black Hawk Down, the second disc wont recombine using Sizzle. I have tried doing chapter mode and title mode, tried leaving chapter one along with the last half of chapters, none of which have been successful. I get the multiplexing message not more than two seconds in the operation. All three dvd's have the movie only larger than 4.3 gb, so i have to split to even get the movie alone. Saving Private Ryan was a larger than 4.3gb movie but worked fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Haas5615

2. mike71

mike71 Guest

I did we were soldiers as my second rip.

use transcoder to reduce the size so the movie fits on one DVD, the quality is still good.

3. Haas5615

Haas5615 Member

Thanks. Is that just the deal with some of the over 4.3 movie only dvd's? or am I doing something wrong?

4. mike71

mike71 Guest

yep you got it

you can use dvdbackup for small DVD's with menu

and I just used osex, transcoder and sizzle for large movies.

I've acquired heaps of new tools but haven't had time to test em yet but it'll be even easier soon.

5. Haas5615

Haas5615 Member

Have you used any other methods besides reducing the size with transcoder on some of these larger than 4.3 movie only dvd's? I have done some of these large movie file dvd's onto tow discs without reducing and with success. I did 8 mile with the first disc using dvdbackup and getting all the extras and menus while just removing main vob movie files until it was less than 4.3, and then used osex and sizzle on the last half. Any new programs and methods you try please let me know your successes and failures and let me know if there is another way to do these large dvd's without transcoder.

Thanks again

6. mike71

mike71 Guest

yer, I just liked the idea of getting it down to 1 DVD buyibg a DVD and then paying for two more just so I can watch it no stress, but on two DVD's isn't worth the hassle.

I've got new tools but dunno when I'll test em.

7. Haas5615

Haas5615 Member

I'm having better success with the updated versions of sizzle and transcoder. Thanks for your help. Please post your results with the new tools, and I'll post again if I need any more help.

Ryan

8. mike71

mike71 Guest

yer no worries, I've been building a house and it's taking my spare time, hopefully in a few weeks all will be good, got some stuff which looks good, but we'll wait and see!