1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small/Medium HDTV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by emachine, Oct 23, 2006.

1. emachine

emachine Guest

I'm looking to get myself a tv for my room. I'm looking for a good price, and will look good with digital cable xbox360 and ps3. It should be a decent size so I could take it to college with me.

2. emachine

emachine Guest

daily bump?

3. emachine

emachine Guest

double

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2006
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

5. emachine

emachine Guest

lol well isn't it 1 day you can bump it?

6. emachine

emachine Guest

2 day bump ok?

7. creaky

why don't you just search for yourself in the forums and on google etc, while you await replies; i decided to buy a new HDTV a few days ago, an hour of googling is all it took, now it's purchased, setup and due to putting the effort into reading up on stuff beforehand, a very good buy

8. emachine

emachine Guest

lol yeah idk how about you help me out then? I hear sonys are pretty good.

9. creaky

the little i know about LCD's is that apparently only 2 companies make the screens for ALL LCD's (can't remember which 2 companies they are), so it doesn't have to be Sony that you buy. Back when i bought my most expensive tv (i mean the most expensive tv i bought prior to my Samsung 32" LCD), it was a Sony 25" tv, £800 if i recall correctly, back in the late 90's, i bought Sony purely as i knew the tube would last (and that tv is still going strong, even after 2 house moves), these days you don't have to buy a Sony (for example) for the same reasons, as (i don't think) it's Sony that make the actual screens

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  10. emachine

emachine Guest

hmm I like JVC but they are so exspenisive!

11. emachine

emachine Guest

Well I've been looking for a sony 32". The sony 32" is going for the same price as a 62" toshiba! Its so crazy! I just want a little tv with great picture!

12. hafar543

hafar543 Member

With the technology advancing so quickly, and with all the bells & whistles being accompanied on these TVs it makes it difficult to do thorough research. I have a hard enough time deciding which route to take LCD or Plasma. Then after that I can go further and choose DLP or Rear Projection? Or if I go LCD I can go with LcOS?. Creaky I understand your frustration but some of us aren't intelligent enough to even think about who makes the screens... I understand everyone's frustration due to choosing the best quality/best resolution/best contrast/best picture/best color...

13. emachine

emachine Guest

Really I just want a cheap hd tv!

14. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

15. emachine

emachine Guest

Is that sucker gonna last its offbrand.

16. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  17. emachine

emachine Guest

I kinda want name brand and 32 in and up.

18. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

19. emachine

emachine Guest

WTF I can get a 62 dlp for that 875 on ebay! Like this guy has sold a ton of them for around this price. It seems like the tvs keep getting cheaper! Wonder when it will start holding its price?

20. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Hey guys. I just went through the buying process. When I started I was a complete ignoramous. Within a short time of researching I got a good handle on the different "bells and whistles". I too was confused as to why you could buy a 72" HD DLP on amazon for less than 3K, yet get a 60" LCoS for 3500. It all has to do with model year (one letter or number in a model number can make hundreds of dollars of difference in price), inputs(whether they accept 1080p/i), display resolution, performance record (that is, are the bulbs prone to blowing out in 2 months or the infamous "green blob" problem) and personal preference of picture quality. It's a pain but it really is to your advantage to take the time to educate yourselves about features and research the prices.