1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special burning format to play on PC's?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by kermit22, Nov 5, 2004.

1. kermit22

kermit22 Member

When I burn a DVD on my G4, I want it to play on my dell laptop. However, the higher in quality that I burn the dvd, the choppier the video is on my dell. The dell plays store bought DVD's just fine. So my question is; Do I need to burn the DVD in a special format in order to get them to play correctly on my dell?

2. samintx

samintx Regular member

I don't use toast. I use FastDVDCopy...and sometimes it will not play on my player....If your DELL can burn DVDs buy DVDCloner. Excellent all in one programs for PC that I really like.

I have not had happy experiences with burning DVD with macs. I don't want to mess with 2 or more programs to copy a DVD. I like all in one programs on mac or pc

3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

On the mac side unfortunately the ONE program theory doesn't give you very many options as far as: rip only movie, leave out subtitles, select audio tracks etc.

My guess is you should try different media and try burning at slower speeds.

MG

4. samintx

samintx Regular member

Overrun is not the problem. PCs just burn DVDs better because I assume the programs are better. I think one of my problems now is version 3. It will not install and keeps asking for my serial number and will not accept it...The response time is too slow from FastcopyDVD.

5. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I don't doubt that there are many peecee programs that are better at ripping & burning than fastdvdcopy. But perhaps just as good are mac the ripper, dvd2onex and toast!

MG

6. samintx

samintx Regular member

I'm spoiled and lazy. I want to just insert a blank disk not have to mess with another program to finish a copy. Macs should be able to make something even better than PCs.

7. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I agree there. There are just lots more "hackers" on the peecee side of things.

MG