1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to play backups w/o mod chip, only Max Drive Pro Memcard

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by brucedlx, Jan 22, 2006.

1. george911

george911 Member

well is there any bootloader i can download that will allow me to boot my isos/dvds

2. george911

george911 Member

hey everyone last question, dont worry about the reply before this one. is it possible to run burnt gamecube isos from a freeloader (ex.freeloader v1.06b), if it is do i still need a max memory card?

please reply soon
    thanks

3. Zbaker

Zbaker Member

from what i herd about the free loader. you cant played backed uped games. but they might of said that so you wont use it for that. cuz i had one for the old playstasion that played back ups. but thats the old playstation. idk if you are willing to try i would go for it.

4. george911

george911 Member

Dam it, i was hopin it could. does anyone know where i can find MDpro???? i looked on the internet for at leats 6000 hours, my parents are threatining me to disconnect our internet. if anyone knows a place where max drive pros are in stock and not discontinued PLEASE let me kno :(

i never thought it would be so hard to get my hands on one.

actually i found max drive memory card and the computer software, but i dont think theres a way to download and burn the gamecube software. does anyone wanna confirm that?

thanks again for readin everyone
    please reply a.s.a.p?

5. Zbaker

Zbaker Member

You could prolly findf it some were but you couldnt play it on the gamecube with out the software your thinking of burning so yeah no point.

6. george911

george911 Member

thaks zbaker. but do u know where i can buy a MDpro from?
    where did you buy yours from?

7. Zbaker

Zbaker Member

Oh nah man i dont have one i would google it and stuff ebay it anywere you can buy stuff like that so idk sorry. i was just reading this up. im planing on modding my cube. i have two.

8. george911

george911 Member

thanks anyway zbaker.

hey does anyone else kno places where i can get mdpro?

id really appreciate it

thanks

9. george911

george911 Member

sorrry everyone but i have another question. if i get a mdpro from UK, can i play it on an ntsc gamecube?

if not can i run the gamecube mdpro software on the free loader?

10. Zbaker

Zbaker Member

hey lol umm idk it might work i would know. so if you want to test it go ahead. but i wouldnt buy all that crap for that but you could find out if the backups would work

11. aakash294

aakash294 Member

hi. i have a maxdrive memory card and i didnt even relize. The Only thing is the ITS NOT PRO. Is there any other way to do it not using Pro? please help me out i've grown tired of the same old games i hav and im not the richest person out ther.

12. george911

george911 Member

no if its not pro it wont work

13. aakash294

aakash294 Member

what duz pro hav that a regular one doesn't??

14. george911

george911 Member

the ability to play back ups lol
    youre new to this stuff arent you.

15. george911

george911 Member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  16. satoris

satoris Member

Okay...here's a mini guide to Max Drive availability/alternatives:

1. The original Max Drive / PRO only works if you have a legit copy of the PRO GC disk.

2. There aren't any known retailers who will still sell the MDP + Software. Don't bother looking. (Check eBay, or make offers on the forums instead)

3. If you manage to get a MDP + software from another country, it should work fine, as far as we can logically determine

4. A viable alternative to MDP has surfaced. It is known as SD Media Launcher. These are said to be at many retailers, and are easy to obtain. The guide is here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/468895

5. If you have an MDP + Software AND a modchip, PLEASE sell your MDP to those of us who don't like bothering with modchips. You can easily get a good price for it!

Disclaimer: I have not tried any alternate methods myself, I am just summarizing the discussions on this forum as related to MDP softmodding.

17. wolf9545

wolf9545 Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  18. satoris

satoris Member

19. wolf9545

wolf9545 Member

I really do apologize for that. I thought I did post it in that thread; I will move it. Thanks for not yelling like some people on other message boards. What you said is all that needed to be said not a bunch of yelling about noobs not doing something right. Since they are noobs, like me at some stuff, they don't know exactly what to do so they ask and sometimes it may not be in the right area. If someone, like you, tells them where to go they learn but if they get yelled at then the typical image of "the guy that knows a lot about the topic doesn't help anyone gets reinforced".

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  20. j9990

j9990 Guest

I've got a Max Drive PRO, with both the software and install disc, pre-loaded with the method explained here. I'm willing to sell it since I no longer have a GameCube. I'll even throw in a couple of blank Mini-DVD's. Any offers?