1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOB won't rip with OSex or DVDBackup...

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by RoyalScam, Nov 26, 2003.

1. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Member

Hi all!

I've been successfully ripping and burning (for my own enjoyment) for a month now, and have run into my first glitch.

I'm trying to copy the bonus DVD that came with the new Sheryl Crow best of. I've tried OSEx and DVD Backup and both of them hang on one of the VOB files: VTS_01_3.VOB

All of the other VOBs and BUPs and IFOs have successfully ripped, but this one gets 4MB in (of 1,023 MB) and halts, then OSEx or DVD Backup either freeze or quit.

Any suggestions? Or have I discovered a copy scheme that hasn't been hacked yet?

2. nbr10

nbr10 Member

Are you able to copy the VOB to your Hard drive using the finder. if the VOB fails to copy to your HD then it might indicate a problem with the source file.

Which format options are you using with OSEx (DVD Folders or Disc image). I found I have always had greater success with the disc image option. It takes a little longer but works more often

Just my 2 cents

3. triglyph

triglyph Guest

I think you've answered my question, but I want to be sure.

Here's what I've been doing. I have de-crypted VIDEO_TS folder which I then burn to a DVD-R using Toast. I've used Data (basic) and the movie will only play if I use DVD Player and use "Open VIDEO_TS"

It won't open by itself or play by itself like a normal DVD would.

If I use Data (Advanced) DVD-ROM (UDF), do you think it will solve the problem/

Thanks

4. nbr10

nbr10 Member

I think I answered you in the "Burning issues" thread. Let me know...

5. AcStudley

AcStudley Member

Royal-

Try playing that specific VOB in your computer's player before ripping it and 2 things should happen-you'll see if it works and your player will be forced to use the encryption key. Let us know if it works

6. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Member

Thanks, guys...I'm off to enjoy a vacation. Once I return, I will try your suggestions.

I have not tried to copy the VOB with Finder, and I have been using the DVD Folders option.

And, yes, the entire disc plays in Apple DVD player including the offending VOB.

I'll see if I can fix and post back in a week or so.

7. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Member

Ok...it's apparently a problem with the source file on the DVD. It wouldn't copy over to my HD in Finder and when I played a selection from the VOB it froze.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this, gang.