1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best sound card/program for recording to hdd

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Gamblore, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Gamblore

Gamblore Guest

Hi all,

I'm wanting to record my own music directly to my PC. What I would like to know is which sound card and recording program should I go with? Anyone's input and past experiences will be appreciated.

The type of stuff I want to record is guitar/bass/drums/vocals and possibly piano.

Cheers

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

3. Gamblore

Gamblore Guest

Muchos gracias Diablos.

Kristal seems to be the way to go, I'm about to d/l it and have a play. I have used Audacity in my university course but didn't find it all that stable.

Now, can anyone recommend a sound card for the inputs.

Thanks again.

4. Molder

Molder Regular member

Audiograbber looks OK!!

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Just about all new sound-cards have a line-in port. I don't no how much you want to spend or how serious you need your hardware to be but the best sound cards on the market are the [bold]"Sound Blaster Audigy"[/bold] cards from creative.

Link:
    http://www.soundblaster.com/

Welcome,
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2004
  6. blunted

blunted Guest

I just bought a Creative Soundblaster Audiogy Platinum 2 ZS
    the shit is amazing, every kinda of thing u could want to plug into it, plugs right into the handy front panel loaded expansion slot. and it has the best sound quality for recording on the market, and comes with everything you need, lots of great software, including cubasis for midi recording, and creatives line recording software, and much more. stuff to master with, like removing unwanted hissing noise, and etc.

thats all you need, 199.99 at circuit city, great price amazing value, easy to install. just get yourself a midi keyboard if your ready to learn to build your own tracks from scratch.

7. Gamblore

Gamblore Guest

Thanks for the review blunted.

I checked out the soundblaster page and the audigy cards do look pretty sweet. The only thing is that the audigy 4 card looks even better than 2. But here in Australia, only 2 has been released with no word on 4. But all this information is appreciated. My budget for the sound card and software is pretty unlimited, so if anyone has any costly suggestions, they are also welcome.