1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoom: Academy for Superheros DVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jermda1va, Feb 8, 2007.

1. jermda1va

jermda1va Member

Anybody make a backup of this yet? Having some problems was wondering what program(s) you used to get it to work.

Thanks in advance,
    Jerm

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi jermda1va
    Looks like this one has the newer stuff from Sony like seen on Saw 3, Open Season, Running With Scissors.

So here are some ways - all should handle it
    AnyDVD & CloneDVD
    DVDFab Decrypter then you can open those files in Shrink.
    RipIt4Me

3. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

AnyDvd and Shrink wouldn't work for me, but AnyDvd and CloneDVD works. I don't think there is a better combination than AnyDvd and CloneDvd....

4. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

yea Ripit4me worked fine on this one......anydvd/shrink had problems

5. donya70

donya70 Member

Hi I have tried Any DVD with Clone Dvd and it freezes up my computer every time during clone. I had once not freeze up and I got an error message. It froze up my computer with rip it 4 me also. I did rip it with Any dvd. Any suggestions? Thanks Donya

6. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Clone dvd and anydvd worked fine here. Full disc, and surprisingly it is a small disc so hardly any compression.

@Donya- what else is running on your computer at the time you try to burn? Could you be overusing your resources?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  7. donya70

donya70 Member

I don't believe anything else was running. It basically crashed both of my laptops repeatedly. I have AnyDVD6.1.1.4, and Clone Dvd it seemed to rip it with not issue but when I tried to use it in clone I got an error message twice, it also crashed twice. I attempted to use ripit4me but that also crashed the computer. Then I ran my Anydvd file through vobblanker but again no luck. I do have dvd shrink also tried that and also recieved an error message. So I am basically drawing a blank. Would appreciate all imput... thanks so much Donya

8. binkie7

Here's a few suggestions:

On the laptops - using a cooling pad? They can get pretty hot esp. backing up dvd's.

Do a disc defrag

Run a registry cleaner like . Use the issues and cleaner options.

Firmware up to date on the drive in the laptops? You will probably need to check the laptop's manufacturers site to see if there are any updates.

9. donya70

donya70 Member

Thanks so much i will give it a shot!! Donya

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I've Tried Shrink , Anydvd , DVDFab Decrypter , Andvd by istelf & Nero & anydvd ( Laptop ) Still can't Burn this Don't remember if I tried DVD decrypter then shrink but I just about tried all the tools in my kit & am getting frustrated - You think anydvd will come out with an update for this one?

11. res2cue

res2cue Guest

They don't have to, anydvd 6.1.1.4 and Clone dvd worked fine with Zoom. Although today they released anydvd 6.1.2.3 and if you can't get it now, start checking other things, because software is not the problem.

I noticed you never mentioned trying clone dvd, give it a shot, it'll help solve your probelms, or so will ripit4me for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2007
  12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

anydvd(6.1.2.3) and clone dvd2 had no problem with zoo, for me.we have watched it on 2 differnet players and everything looks great.

13. binkie7

@donya70
    Keep us posted - AnyDVD and Clone easily handle this one along w/ RipIt4Me and DVDFab (using the latest versions).

@BIGTOXY69
    This is one of those 'newer' Sony's that has a ton of bad sectors. So for AnyDVD to work w/o CloeDVD you'll need to do movie only w/ Recode. Won't work w/ Shrink.

What happened w/ DVDFab Decrypter? That should have handled this one - then Shrink to compress the files. Using the latest - 3.0.8.0

And as res2cue pointed out RipIt4Me will work too.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

AnyDVD 6.1.2.3 won't do Zoom with Shrink but works fine with NeroRecode. Did it last night. AnyDVD's ripper rips the file and Shrink can't open the files either.

Edit: just give Recode 2-3 minutes it may take to start analysing the disc then it proceeds normally.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  15. binkie7

Hey garmoon
    ? for you - is that doing a full back up in Recode?
    Last time I tried w/ 6.1.1.4 both Nero 6 and Nero 7 - I could do movie only.
    But I rarely use the ripper in AnyDVD so that may be the diff?

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

binkie7- Hey Thanx again always For the help ! here's what I did ! I finally Got Zoom Done ! I used DVD Decrypter & AnyDVD then I burned it To a Verbatim DVD+R DL blank - I Really Did'nt wan't to spend the Extra Moolah ! ( Yes I am a CheapSkate !!!!!!) But I had tried nearly everything else in my meager arsenal of Programs so I figured Try a DL disc & Do the whole disc ! I have'nt watched my burn all the way thru yet but it appaers to have worked - I zipped through it & appears to be all there ! And being I have Roxio on the desktop V#6 I used Dvd Decrypter to Burn it as well ! My Conclusion ? Sony is Either Stupid ? or Owns Stock in Verbatim ? Why ? - well it does'nt make sense to Booby trap your DVD movies So that instead of people Making Compressed /& or Quality Comprimised copies on SL media -you set the dvd so they'll only be able to make Higher Quality DVD+R DL copies That should be almost equal to the source disc? If I understand the whole Compression vs. Uncompressed thing Right ? I suppose They ( sony figure if it cost a little more people will just say Fudge !!! and give up ! Or hopefully Buy some Sony DVD DL media to do it ? Well It's done regardless ! And My first DVD Dl Burn to Boot ! When they build better mousetraps ,we'll build better Mice - Squeek !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx again binkie7 Ciao!

17. deetek

deetek Member

Since Shrink didn't work, I ripped it with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. But I got an error message when trying to burn it with CloneDVD. Tried old faithful DVD Decrypter and it burned flawlessly.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@binkie

It was just the movie only @100% compression. I let Recode rip the file and encode it and burned it with Nero. I'll put the whole disc in and see if Shrink or Recode can open it. I seldom do anything but the movie, it keeps the compression low. I'll post back after experiment.

Edit: I tried the whole disc for Zoom in Recode it opened it and did initial analysis. I then click burn and let deep analysis start for about 12%, because Shrink hung up @11% in it's initial analysis. Recode went along fine @12%, I stopped it. I'm pretty sure it would have completed the task.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  19. binkie7

@BIGTOXY69
    lol - I'll agree on Sony being stupid :)
    Hey you even did your 1st dual layer on one of the 'tougher' ones!

@garmoon
    Txs for the info!
    I'll have to give AnyDVD 6.1.2.3 a shot w/ Recode again on one of these 'tougher' ones. Would do Zoom again but I couldn't even get through watching half of it - kids will probably love it though!

20. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

@donya, if you are still stuck, try uninstalling all your rippers etc. run your regcleaner and reinstall one by one. I would start with the ripit suite and move on from there. I had this happen once and other than PIO issue, which this does not sound like that's all I can add to the good advise you have gotten so far.

I have ripit and the slysoft any/clone combo both installed. Both run fine, but you will have to disable anydvd if you use ripit.