1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

107 pioneer slow burn 25mins+ on 8x ritek

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by marineboy, Oct 22, 2004.

1. marineboy

marineboy Guest

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Have you asked on the forum where you got patched f/w ?
    And is there a downgrade , as this sounds like what you'd need now ? ; )

3. marineboy

marineboy Guest

i think i got the firmware from flashman site. the firware in question .118 is the same version that was working before all my previous problems started.

4. herbsman

5. marineboy

marineboy Guest

ok all sorted, just updated to the new 1.20 official pioneer drivers and all works ok.

although write speed on 4x media is back up to 12-13mins from around 7-8 with the .118 patched files. but i can live with that i suppose.

6. herbsman

there's a thread somewhere where the question was asked "what is the best burn speed" ... I got in the fairly quickly and replied that I thought x4 was probably the best for the majority of users. (reliable burns)
    Most that replied stated the same thing , that x4 was plenty fast enough .... just have a thought for those of us who started doing some of this DVD-R back up stuff yrs ago ... we had to wait for 60 mins (x1)
    lol

7. marineboy

marineboy Guest

Yes I agree with you, People in general are becoming a bit complacent about the very cheap, but powerful hardware they have available to them.

I still have my faithful, external scsi, yahama 1x speed CDR. Wonderful, a full 650mb CDR in about an hour. The media was cheap as well at £6 per 'Verbatim Datalife plus' disc!

My first computer (a mac) had a massive 2mb of ram!!! and cost £2500 with a colour monitor. LOL I remember when ram was £1200 for 64meg