1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Mpeg files to dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Mike313, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Mike313

Mike313 Member

hey all im new to this part of the forum, im usually in dvd shrink n stuff, but i have 2 mpeg files i wanna put on a dvd or a cd-r....and i dont know how....so few questions:

1.) i guess i gotta use dvd-r coz cd-r is too small
    2.) is there a guide for this (the titles confuse me
    sorry)
    3.) if i join the files can i put in chapters? would
    that be hard?

any help is much appreciated
    thanks
    Mike

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

As written on http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/154456, there's a way to put multiple-VCD movies into a DVD (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vcd_to_dvd-r.cfm). Or you can make simply a VCDmovie on 2 CDs (80' movie = 1 CD-R). Read my sticky thread). As written there, joining files is easy, you just have to use a good DVD-authoring application.
    Alas, 'chapters' is an issue of VCDEasy only. Otherwise, a DVD player can directly go to a certain moment of the ovie (just let him 'taste' the movie before playing it).
    Obviously, as andewmerr told you, you have to study a little and learn how to use TMPGenc, first.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. Mike313

Mike313 Member

so whats the easiest process for this?....if use tmpgenc do i need to use another program after 30 days?....how do i tell if a file is mpeg 1 or 2...mine just say 'mpeg' file......also should i join the files before i put them on a dvd, does tmpgenc do this?

sorry im in the process of reading the guides so if any of the answers are in there sorry

thanks
    mike

5. Mike313

Mike313 Member

i think i got it but i checked Motion Search Precision to Highest Quality (Very Slow)....but it says remaining time is over 14 hours!!....should it be that long?...or will it get faster as it goes?

mike

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

in the advanced part of tmpegenc encoder you will find a section on mpeg tools.Heres the section you need to look at concerning merging files:

quote from guide:

The last option you have with MPEG Tools is Merge & Cut. This basically means you can cut out certain area's of your MPEG files or merge multiple MPEG files into one long MPEG file. To merge files together simply add them in the order you wish them to be merged into one long file. Then choose the Type. Your options are MPEG-1 System (automatic), MPEG-1 System (VBR), MPEG-1 VideoCD, MPEG-1 VideoCD (non-standard), MPEG-2 Program (VBR) and MPEG-2 Super VideoCD (VBR).Then choose and Output file path and name and click run to merge them. To cut a file, add it to the list and select it with the mouse. Now click Edit. In the edit options you can select a part of the file and click OK. Then when you choose an Output and click Run, it will save an mpg file with just