1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321GONE DVD X Copy Express DVD BackUp Screen Remover

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes you can make a backup copy and there seems to be several ways to do it. One that I hear about all the time is to rip it with DVD Decrypter and then burn it with whatever you use now.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

LeoLeroy,

NOTE: When you are working with DVD-5's OR you wish to copy a DVD XCopy Xpress Backup DVD Decrypter is an excellent choice - a DVD-5's (<4.36GB) requires no compression.

Here's the "Uncle" ScubaPete's, can't miss, step-by-step guide to using DVD Decrypter -

HINT:
    I always create a folder on my Desktop named " All DVD Work" and before ripping my DVD's I create another sub-folder with the name of the movie I'm backing up. (i.e. C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive.)

Next - you need to download this:
    (Get your DVD Decrypter's newest version here - )
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Place your original DVD in the drive tray and close tray.

To do the backup with DVD Decrypter it's best to do it in the ISO image mode. First go to "Mode" then "ISO," then select "Read." Where it says "Source," select the drive containing your original DVD. Hopefully, this drive is your DVD-ROM drive. Using your burner to read a disc is hard on the drive. The constant starting and stopping of the drive can cause over-heating and can prematurely wear your burner out. If you have just the one drive, there's not much you can do but use it. Where it says "Destination," Browse until you find your pre-made folder (C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive) and select that. Now "Click" the Disc-to-HD icon.
    Me, I'm headed out to get a cup of coffee and a cigarette but I should be back 'bout the time the ripping is done, . . . .
    When the "Reading sound" signals that the job is complete, remove your original DVD and insert your *blank DVD.

Alright, I'm back, and you didn't think I'd make it . . .Now back you go to "Mode," then "ISO" and then choose "Write". Now we go to "Source" and locate our folder where our ISO and mds file resides. Choose mds. Then, let's head to "Destination" and select our burning drive where our blank DVD disc awaits. Lastly, we "Click" the HD to disc icon
    and,
    STAND BACK FROM THE COMPUTER ! It's too late in the game to want to make a **coaster, isn't it ?

Your PC requires more resources while it's burning than at any other time. The only other thing that requires that much of your PC's resources is the encoding of your DVD. To copy a DVD successfully it's only necessary to use a decent grade media and to let your PC do its "thing" without your interference - until we hear the "Finished tune".

This method will also make excellent copies of previous backups made with any other application, as your backups don't require any additional compression.

. DO USE; Phillips, RiData, Sony, TDK, Ritek G04, Verbatim DataLife, Verbatim DataLife Plus, media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO", Taiyo Yuden's and generally, almost any discs manufactured by Mitsubishi or RICOH are excellent bets. Other media could cause unnecessary errors, only the very best media should be used for DVD Video burning. Now is defiantly not the time to put your, "Boy did I save money buying this crappy cheap stuff." in - )

Thanks for stopping in and remember,

When you want Guides with a dysfunctional personality, shop ScubaPete :p)

Cheers,

Pete

Dopefreak,

Before you go throwing more money away you might wish to try what many of us here use, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, both much less money than what you're spending as they're both FREE.

Checkout the middle of the page -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  3. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

I have 321 gone that I use for my dvd express, and it works perfect except it does not work for Entire Disc, has there been an upgrade for this.

4. rgray318

rgray318 Member

Currently no.. If you are doing Entire Disk you must put up with the anoying DVDXCopy backup intro...

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You need to do your homework. The express version I use allows you to do the whole disc. And you can use 321Gone w/ it.

Also, the RF versions don't put the backup warning screen on the disc.

6. killerzip

killerzip Member

any one know where i can get a trial of dvd x copy? i've been looking everywhere

7. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

Not sure what version DVD XCOPY EXPRESS you are using, I am using 3.2.1.0 but I have tried numberous times, and still won't work, Maybe the "teacher" could tell me where to look to do the homework. :)

8. cdan

cdan Regular member

get rid of xcopy....i bought it a long time ago and now only use dvdshrink........it's the best.
    dan

9. flip218

I have XCopy Platinum, which comes w/ XPress. I have the option to backup whole disc or just the movie. I can only speak for that XPress version.

10. flip218

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

killerzip,

Trial versions are for products that pple wish to sell to build a business.

XCopy has been out of business for about a year and it's techonology is about 1 & 1/2 yrs behind. There are companies who sell discontinued items - no REAL support as they have no staff except for those taking your $$$$ and those answering questions.

No trial versions,
    No upgrades,
    Unable to even reconogize even new discs and burning held to 4X with NO quality enhancement features - A truly great deal for $80.00 + $39.99 for AnyDVD for a ripper as their ripper is only able to break encryptions 2 years and older.

Go getem' tiger - - -

12. rgray318

rgray318 Member

flip218, ILHS86 asked if it would work for the express version. I have had 4038 since its first release and also 321Gone since its first release and not once has 321Gone worked with my express while doing Entire Movie option, not once and I have tried hundreds of times. What other homework do I need to do to get it to work?

It works beautifully with movie only though, perfectly everytime...

13. flip218

Learn to read maybe??

Also, the RF versions don't put the backup warning screen on the disc.

14. rgray318

rgray318 Member

Please dont get nasty, thats not the way to moderate. I run the worlds largest technology site for AMD64 and Microsoft x64 and I dont treat my quests that way...

Now, all you do is double click on the 321Gone exe, there is nothing more to read, all you do is click "ok" and it removes the anoying intro. This is done when DVDXCopy Express asks for you to insert a blank DVD. If you do this exact same thing with my Express version in "Entire Movie" mode it doesnt remove the intro... It gives you nothing more to read either. Other than the A+ I got in reading is there some secret that I havnt found that explains how to get the intro removed with the version I got, or is there no way? If there is I will be most happy to read it... I promise :)

Any meaningful reply will do, thanks.

15. pbryt

pbryt Guest

I used 321Gone (downloaded yesterday) with stand alone DVD Xcopy Xpress Ver 3.2.1. It worked with movie only and not whole disc. I also made sure it was a single language disk. The Read Me that came with the download said it would not work on multi language disk in full disc mode.

16. flip218

I haven't yet, but your testing my patience.

I'll say it again. Learn to read.

Here's some good info. XCopy is out of date, the program isn't that good anymore. I haven't use it for almost a year. Do your self a favor and try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Or even Nero's Recode 2 or CloneDVD2 or CCE Basic w/ Rebuilder .... all of those programs do not put the dvd backup warning on

17. rgray318

rgray318 Member

Hmm, finally someone who had a good sugestion... Sounds like some of us need to read the included "read me" that came with 321Gone download... lol. It has been a very long time since that read me was ever seen, not even sure if it was ever seen.

I will give that a try the next time I need a full disk backup...

18. rgray318

rgray318 Member

I thought everyone of us was talking about a pre-RF version? I know I was and the guy who asked the question...

Its good to know though, thanks

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  19. flip218

FYI ... There is a patch that will enable the RF version able to rip again. It's called 321Rip. If you want to continue to use XCopy, find a RF version.

Why? Because the browse button works (which will allow you to burn video_ts files off your HD), no more "DVD Backup" warning, and w/ 321Rip its a ripper version again.

20. pbryt

pbryt Guest

I was also talking about the Pre RF version.

321Gone did not work in Full Disc Mode on a single language disc.

I am trying AnyDvd with DvdClone2. They look like a good alternative for a novice like me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.