1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500GB hard drive formating

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ramosfet, Feb 20, 2008.

1. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

yeah no worries got a recovery disc in case it messes up again. Yeah I found out how I did get the extra space which was using the Phoenix Bios Loader. I loaded one of the Bioses from the AID but when I try to put PBL to C drive the xbox freezes. I guess I need to change the bios or something, its currently X2 4973(1.1)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. corn

corn Guest

Do you have a modchip? I can't help with that, because I've never used one before. But I think X2 are modchip bios?

3. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

I found out my modchip doesnt support the larger than 136 hdd but found a way around it. Just used Select X to run the PBL MeToo app on boot to run a diff bios. Dont know ANYTHING about flashing bioses and what not. Ill try this method out and see if it works though

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  4. corn

corn Guest

Hope it works, never had this problem, but like I said, hope it works.

5. audogstar

audogstar Member

Just looking back at a few posts...

doesnt also the jumpers on the rear of the HDD put a limit on hdd sizes ??

pretty sure there was a post somewhere to show the different combinations of jumper settings for seagate & western digital to max the size of hdd or limit to 137 GB...

I have the same probs with a WD 200 GB.. cant get it to allow full hdd size as yet cause i cant find the correct jumper settings to allow Unleash X with pw Xbox to format remaining section..

6. corn

corn Guest