1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Problem That I'm Finding

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by poe0915, Jul 28, 2004.

1. poe0915

poe0915 Member

I was wondering if anyone knew what I am doing wrong. I have been using DVDBackup to backup and decrypt my DVDs, DVDRemaster to compress the files, and then Toast 6 to burn. I've had great success in burning the DVDs, BUT have had problems with others. For example, I am unable to backup Finding Nemo because DVDBackup won't allow me to drag all the files into it. Others, like the Back to the Future DVDs, will allow me to backup the files, but when I go to burn them, I get an error that says that there is invalid media. The burning does not finish and ejects a bad DVD.

Is there a problem with the software I am using or are some DVDs impossible to burn? If there is another software I should use, feel free to make recommendations.

Thank you.

2. Londor

Londor Guest

When you have problems ripping a movie with one ripper you just try another one:

0Sex
    Mac The Ripper
    YadeX
    Hades

3. poe0915

poe0915 Member

Great... I'm going to try one now.

4. poe0915

poe0915 Member

What if none of those work... i get an error for each one whenever i put those discs in. Any other suggestions?

5. buxton

buxton Regular member

DVD Decrypter tends not to struggle with any DVD I have backed up - maybe try that.

6. Londor

Londor Guest

Try to back up just the movie.

7. poe0915

poe0915 Member

First question:

Is there a Mac version of DVD Decrypter...

Second question:

How do you just back up the movie? Do you mean just back up the VIDEO_TS files?

8. poe0915

poe0915 Member

Third question :):

Could there be a problem with my version of Toast... because i was able to burn a bunch, and then half of the DVDs that I tried to burn come up with an error and were ejected from my Superdrive unfinished.

9. buxton

buxton Regular member

Dammit - you can't - I could have swore it was Mac Compatible?

Now I am wondering which one I am thinking of.

10. poe0915

poe0915 Member

I'm assuming you're not using a Mac... I can't seem to figure out what's going on here. Is there any reason why these certain DVDs wouldn't be able to be backed up (special encryption... anything).

11. Londor

Londor Guest

I have never come across a DVD I could not back up but I have read of people having problems with Disney movies.

To back up just the movie you can

1. Once the DVD has been ripped to the HD you need DVDRemaster 1.4.0 (select just the main title in your language) or DVD2OneX (select movie only)

2. With Mac The Ripper ( http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/mtr.html ) you can select to rip just the movie.

Read this thread ( http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t203845.html ). It may help you out.

PS. DVD Decrypter is PC only.

12. poe0915

poe0915 Member

Okay, this is what MacTheRipper says when I try to rip one of my DVDs: "Failed vob1 size test". Any idea what that means or how to fix it?

Thanks for all the help, by the way.

13. Londor

Londor Guest

I do not know what it means but you can contact the developer at mtr@wormintheapple.gr

14. poe0915

poe0915 Member

Also with Toast, I get something that says "error with hardware"... does that mean that there is a problem with the disc or that i need to get another copy of Toast (download, etc.)?

15. Londor

Londor Guest

I have never heard of that error so I do not know. But I guess it will not do any harm to trash Toast (Applications) and its preferences com.roxio.Toast.plist and Roxio Toast Prefs (Your home/Library/Preferences) and re-installing it. Also repair disk permissions using Disk Utility after re-installing it.

16. fatshoo3

fatshoo3 Guest

some movies sucha s disney and any of its children companys like dimesion < scary movie> need to playin the background while you decrypt so that the keys are available if all else fails let'em play in small screen mode with sound off to covert those bastards trust me im watching monsters inc right now and the orig is sitting right here next to me my damn ids scratch that one and shreck daily

TS_SHOE

17. fatshoo3

fatshoo3 Guest

ps. it's not the disc's it's not the system <although it may be the dvd player most players past 2000 are cool.... i know all i have is a PS2 an that werks grrrreat just need to have a laser cleaner disc 10-20 $$ at any store and like wal-mart or spec's >

TS_SHOE