1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After Burning there are swirls around the disk?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tanya1987, Sep 21, 2004.

1. tanya1987

tanya1987 Member

thanks...do you think i could use those princo cds? or nah they arent good? i dont really know much thanks for all your help tho

2. tanya1987

tanya1987 Member

it still wont let me i cleaned the disc and its fine but it says the same thing. i then tried dvd shrink but its too big for the disc anyway.. now wat?

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Princo are fairly crap.

Firmware...hhmm...if you don't know what it is you probably shouldn't try to change it. Firmware is the software thats in your DVD drive. If you tried to upgrade this and messed it up you could ruin your drive. Unless you know someone who can do this for you its probably best to leave it as it is. BUT, if you want to do it then go to the LiteOn webpage and they will tell you how to do it.

DVD Shrink says its too big? You try to set the compression to Custom and lower the percentage?

Doofy is correct...CRC error is a dirty disc. If it still doesn't work, then try using DVD Decrypter, it can usually read what DVD Shrink can't.

For help with DVD Decrypter check out the guides.

Adder.

4. tanya1987

tanya1987 Member

hey i tried dvd decypter aswell i meant to say before if i do it on dvd decrypter then it will be too big to burn but it came up with some error on there aswell!!

5. tanya1987

tanya1987 Member

i also tried burning it with dvd decypter despite the error that it had but it said it was too big anyway...

6. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Its a damaged disc then and it looks like your burner can't read it properly. There are certain tricks to cleaning DVDs, search the web for those. (Mr Sheen is one I know a friend swears by. Spray it on and wipe from the middle outwards.)

With DVD Decrypter you copy the files to your harddrive and then use DVD Shrink to shrink those files.
    Look here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48077

Adder.

7. tanya1987

tanya1987 Member

but it doesnt even look that scratched thanks heaps ill give it a try and if it doesnt work then i wont worry about it thank you soo much

8. tanya1987

tanya1987 Member

hey thanks for that.. the mr sheen theory actually cleaned the disc and it worked:) thanks you so much

9. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

You are most welcome!

The Mr Sheen theory will most likely need to be done again if you wanted to copy this disc another day as the polish that it adds to the disc wears off.

Adder.