1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to shrink movie for htpc.. with out quaility hit..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by ads, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ads

ads Member

Currently I just finished puting all my dvd movies onto my pc and this is just dvd and im at 5tb already.. and i striped out extras and kept the movie and high quaility audio..

Now Im adding blu ray movies since I got a player for my pc and after useing anydvd hd I noticed that the files are 20 gigs only have 1 movie in blu ray but im runing out of space and only have 1 tb left so I was wondering how can I strip it down to full quailty movie and High quailty audio just want the dts or surrond sound higher qauilty not the lower...

currently doing it to a medai sever and then from 1 computer shared over gig network so it can stream full quailty to the other media computers in my house on my other tv systems.. I need the Hdcp removed because one of my projectors is only vga... from the computer

2. ads

ads Member

Ive seen the tutorials but they just leave me way more confused..

3. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

The blurays the good 30%of them are came on 25gb which is single layered disc
    If i were u i invest in bd-burner and disccs if there is a choice for u
    If not u can use Tsmuxer to strip down the movie-only and selectable audio and selectable audio format dd,dd+,true-hd,dts,dts-ma,dts-hd,lpcm etc
    the worst come worst these bluray movies sometimes comes seamless branches whihc means 3gb,5gb6gb whatever sizes which means there will be alott of small Gb files randomly thrown into it in order to get the right branches in right place u need to use other softy like
    eac3to or bdinfo...
    to make it easy for you u can use BD_rebuilder which will do movie-only so u don't ned to worry about it
    5TB Space and u almost out of it ...BD's u need more space even though if u compress

4. ads

ads Member

and thats just dvd movies.. full quality got tired of main movie and audio not working so i ripped them all full everything.. one thing i noticed is when I use anydvdhd that it lags when i play the movie back is there anway to fix that i rather just have the movie full size not a huge problem till i buy more movies then ill need it.. Im going to just have to make a media sever with 12tb.. that next project..

5. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

did u try imgburn with anydvd/hd with background
    imgburn had more comptabilitythen just rip the dvd to HD(u might missing some files when u rip the dvd movie with videto-ts files ,ifo files,bup files...etc)

try imgburn

6. ads

ads Member

I dont want them on a disk just on the hardrive so I can use my local network goto any tv in my house and watch the same thing.. thats why I have alot of hardrive space so I can do that and I also ran gig network cables everywere.. ie cat6 replaceing the cat5 cables..I just want to get ride of the menus and extra junk I dont need and want full or highest quality picture and audio it seems to be flaky at best when trying diffrent movies..

7. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

In otherwords u want movie only without compression
    for dvd's u cantry dvdshrink choose the 5.5 u know that i guess and u can use dvd fab and i can make iso image and ucan use vcd vitrual drive from slysoft.com its free
    so that u can mount the image from the harddrive and play

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

9. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

LOL! Yes, well it seems they understood each other well enough. Looks like another language to me.

Don't forget this thread too...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/639346#3869774

I always keep the cover page as updated as possible to be a one stop Blu-ray back-up resource. DVD-RB is also listed as a download there. :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, forgot to post the link to your thread, 'fraid i don't follow it as it's all gobbledegook to me, i prefer the simplicity of DVD Rebuilder and once i ever get into Bluray i'd be using BD Rebuilder for the same reason :)

..but i'll try to remember to pass your link on in future, am sure it'll be useful to people.

11. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

hey ryu77 and creaky
    whats wrong with my text speak!!!?? :)
    sorry guys
    i kinda drunk when iam posting that message
    i meant to