1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD vs Ripit4me

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by VJbob, Mar 25, 2007.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

I bought anydvd a while back but just heard about Ripit4me which is similar to the combination of AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter that I use. Since you can't use both programs at the same time I was wondering if I should just be a convert to RipIt4Me or stick to using anydvd and DVD Decrypter. Any replies appreciated.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

It can't hurt having both.
    You might want to add DVDFab Decrypter to the list.
    It's a good idea to have an arsenal of tools.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@VJbob

You can use AnyDVD with Nero Recode or ConeDVD. Get Ripit4me it does all the movies now. And still works with Shrink.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what's wrong with having many Programs?
    [​IMG]
    if one fails or you just want variety.... other's will work and some do even a better job than others! having many programs to do whatever you need to do is the thing!

5. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Wow IHoe,
    You for sure an "addict" :)

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

That's one hell of an arsenal!

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I realize I have nothing now!! Sad! But I can still backup with what I got. IHoe you spoiled my day. LMAO

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

hahahaha you guys are really funny. I still don't have all the programs out there and I don't need them. I have what I have to do what I want to do with the DVDs so I'm happy and don't need anymore programs. Happy with what I have. I've been burning for a long time now.... and I learned so much from AfterDawn and all the members here..... and I'm still learning stuff! Amazing isn't it? It's been like 2 yrs now since I joined AfterDawn. Let's see how many programs you guys have after 2 yrs.... and 4 yrs burning!

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@IHoe

I have a grand total of 14 DVD related programs. I can back up anything-anytime. Been here since Oct 2004 and burning about 8 mon prior to that using DVD X copy Express. Came here to fix express when it stopped working. all the time.

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@garmoon...... you're here for almost 3 yrs now and you aren't an Addict yet? hmmmmmmmm why is that? I see you all over the place here! And you give good advice! come on & get with it! hahahahahha

this is the # you need to become an AfterDawn Addict:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Seems I guess, I must pay back almost 500 posts in safety valve and I lurked for over a year. Learned everything before I had the bells to post. I'm close, or over, now @ 3145 posts. Just biding my time, not complaining. LMAO

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ihoe showing off again... blew my mind away when he showed me all those programs..lol and ya can never stop learning.

Garmoon you can have all my post. Ihoe is right you should be a Addict.

13. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

WOW thats a lot of apps. Specifically for ripping though, I've been using anydvd and dvd decrypter for ripping and Rebuilder for encoding. I just learned about Ripit4me and was wondering if that is a superior choice for ripping. It looks like it cleans up the video files which, not only allows for analysis with Shrink but also reduces (however insignificantly) the amount of compression.

Is Ripit4me worth investing time in learning or are the differences pretty small?

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yes, ripit4me is well worth having. It's working with all the movies. AnyDVD is not working well with Shrink any more, but is still working with NeroRecode and CloneDVD. Get all the apps you can, you never know when you might need one.

15. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Well it seems Ripit4me was TOO good as it's homepage is down. Checkout the other thread on this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/488983
    I have many programs for DVD riping and burning, too many for me to count right now, but i mainly use AnyDVD and Clone DVD, along with DVD Shrink ,and DVD Decrypter, ImgBurn also, DVD Rebuilder, and Ripit4me as the main programs. I also use VOB Blanker on some things. AnyDVD is always being updated, has good customer support, and is a bargin for a paid for program. Ripit4me just turned off anydvd when it was running, and it could be turned right back on when you were finished with ripit4me.
    It is good to have many programs or "tools" for your ripping arsenal. Lifetime warrenties are hard to come by in programs, but AnyDVD has one in a way. In tools it would be equal to Snap-On or Craftsman. I guess you can tell i like the program. Dont get me wrong. I think there should always be a free way to rip DVDs, and i like to test that by trying to rip the latest anti-copy movie with free programs only. Ripit4me combined many free though no longer supported programs with fixvts that handled most of the new anti-copy gimmicks. It just made it all easier to do as it did it all for you.
    I see you made addict within this post garmoon. Congrats buddy! Im at least a 1000 posts from that, but im in no hurry. I have enough addictions already. :)

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@MaxBurn

Glad to see you posting again,buddy. Thanks I just now found out about it myself.LMAO

17. mord

mord Regular member

joke or not...if you have a ton of programs installed it will slow down your computer...especially if they add new processes

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes congrats Garmoon you addict..lol

i just used ripit4me. i had to turn off the check for update it kept trying to go to the web page and nothing was there

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- well I recently downloaded CloneDVD2 Because with my meager arsenal of paid for & free Proggies ! I was Occasionally hitting The proverbial brick wall with some of the Sony releases ! Like Zoom ect... I nearly always find or found workarounds but Even a SasQuatch has limits to their patience !!!!!!!!! ( add Growling sounds here !!!!) & Why struggle when it's unecessary? I read all I could and consulted some 'O the Resident Guru's ( Binkie7 & others ) and the general Consensus is /was that CloneDVD2 was the Shiznit ! ne Plus Ultra & I should get it ! I did & ordered my keys & am on the burn !!! Maybe it's just me But It seems like CloneDVD2 rips/processes faster than my other Proggies ? I have my Anydvd running in the background as well of course ! They goes together like Ham'n Eggs ! Fish & chips ! onion Rings & salt !ect... Sorry close top feeding time again ! Anyways i'm not complaining ! well worth the investment & downloading ! well that's it for now I suppose unless Rippdogg Puts another sQuatchsticker up on the window of his Dogghouse LOL! later

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

RipIt4Me and AnyDVD are both good programs. For on the fly decryption the only program that compares with AnyDVD is DVD Region Free. For ripping with AnyDVD, Slysoft suggests using CloneDVD 2. Seems the AnyDVD ripper has a lot to be desired. That's one expensive ripping combo is all I can say. RipIt4Me with DVD Decrypter and FixVTS processing is a different program. It's a ripper style decryption tool along with compliance processing. Over the past few months, it's been the tool of choice when AnyDVD had problems. Saw 3, Region 1 is the best example. That's the release that ushered in the heavier copy protection we're seeing on a bunch of DVDs now. So, it's a little difficult to compare 2 programs that function differently. Both are top performers and get the job done. Anyone who has used Rebuilder is aware that using a DVD as the source (with driver decryption) adds some time to the process. A person wouldn't want to use ripped files for CloneDVD 2 when they could use AnyDVD. So there's uses where one does better than the other. If you try to compare AnyDVD + CloneDVD 2 to RipIt4Me for ripping, you're comparing two equally good setups with one costing about $80 and the other free. RipIt4Me seems to be in trouble with no support, but till it becomes obsolete, I'll rate is as the best ripper decrypter due to cost if nothing else. I'll also rank AnyDVD as the top driver type (on the fly) decryption tool. They're both good and have features different from the other.