1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI 4890 Equivalent? 4890 VGA Cooler?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Xplorer4, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

I really haven't kept up on GPU tech the past few years. I know AMD has ditched the ATI name brand in favor of there own. Has this brought any quality concerns with it? Is AMD still making the better cards? Last I knew NVIDIA cards were performing about equal, but draw more electricity and therefore generating more heat. I may be looking to replace my old 4890, and looking for something equivalent in terms of performance. My old 4890 is still running fine, but sounds like the bearing on the colling fan may be going out. So I am debating on weather to simply slap a new VGA cooler on it, or go for the upgrade depending on what the cost is. Can any one recommend a VGA cooler for my 4890 as well as a new GPU equivalent to a 4890?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Re: Rules, no problem. It would help if there was a link to rules some where on the forum index like most forums I use. If those are the forum rules why on earth are they buried inside a forum named "Convert DVD to another format." Not complaining about the rules, just the lack of making them visible. Why not add them to the page that is linked to at the bottom of every page that says "Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy." I see no rules in there, just the legal mumbo jumbo to protect the site. Why not list the signature restrictions on the edit signature page? Again, not anything directed at you ddp.

Anyways, um, I see a 300+ page thread with no thread search feature so how am I supposed to find any relevant information?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

most if not all the forums on this site has a forum rule thread posted & in this forum it is the next thread above this 1. on that card link, try the last few pages as sammorris usually has comparisons of similar by amd & nvidia.