1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attn: Newbies..if your DMA is OFF or PIO Mode (here is a very easy guide to fix it)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by alkohol, Nov 20, 2005.

1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

You're welcome. Glad you've got it all sorted out by following the guide.

Happy ripping and burning again. Best of luck!!

2. djjayv05

djjayv05 Guest

Thanks man really helped

3. meyals

meyals Member

Hi alkohol,

My secondary IDE transfer mode is PIO and not DMA, I've followed your instructions and after restarting my computer It reinstalled the driver and keep the PIO (it was not changed to DMA).

Can you please help ?
    I'm facing problems to burn (I suddenly can burn only CDs and not DVDs)

Thanks.

4. P965TA

P965TA Guest

5. P965TA

P965TA Guest

6. meyals

meyals Member

Hi P965TA,

Thanks for trying to help me.

I'm failing to install this JMICRON driver, after executing the setup I'm getting the following error:
    "No JMicron JMB36X SCSI adapter found! Setup program will terminate!"

Please help...

7. P965TA

P965TA Guest

This tip is usefull only if you have a P965T-A motherboard !!

8. themazi

themazi Member

Hey.
    Thanks for the easy instructions.
    I can't seem to get my stuff together, even after trying three times with those instructions. I've tried with many different versions of Nero too, and with CDburner XP pro 3 too.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/480704

That's my problem thread.
    Thanks for anyone who has a minute to check out if there's anything to do...

9. granny58

granny58 Member

okay: this is the deal, i am trying to ensure that my ide is on dma. i have followed instructions up to clicking on the device manager to find the ide. i don't have ide: my says IEEE and all seem to have my printer on them. help????

10. MrRats

MrRats Member

Hey, new to the forum, thanks for having it.

Alkohol, finally someone who understand that you should cover all the exact steps and terms to make things clear, I doubted there were many people left that understood that, thanks.

When I explain anything to anyone be it guitar playing, recording, car stuff, computer stuff, I cover it all the same way you did with this explanation and that way, even if the person already knew some of it, there will be no misunderstanding of terms or the chance of leaving them behind from the start, with it maybe leading to a big problem because they took what you said as this instead of that.

So, anyway, thanks.

I got a new 16x burner and I did need to change mine to DMA.

I didn't read all of every responses, but in case no one mentioned, also remember that the DVD or CD player will need to be capable of spinning as fast as the burner, or it can't feed the buffer fast enough.

My player only will spin a DVD at 6x and the burner I bought can burn up to 16x

So I set Nero for all different speeds to see what happened and this is what I came up with copying a DVD data disc (and all play just fine):

With my original burner that only burned at 2.4 it took 22 minutes to complete a quick copy (not going to the hard drive)

With the new burner (and the same old source player)

At 16x it actually took 40+ minutes cause the buffer kept diving down to nothing.

At 12x it took 15 minutes

At 8x it took 14 minutes

At 4x it took 14 minutes

Then at 16x from the hard drive (not a "quick copy") it only took 6 minutes (for the actual burn, I forgot to notice how long it took for it to build the file from my source disc)

I haven't tried the Lightscribe function yet, looking forward to that.

Thanks again Alkohol, you saved me a lot of time searching for a thorough and clear to follow answer.

Mr Rats

11. MrRats

MrRats Member

Ooops,

Forgot to say that it took 40 minutes before I did the DMA fix, it took 16 minutes after that when set for 16x burn speed.

Sorry

12. Dansco

Dansco Member

Just wanted to say a special thanx to alkohol as this fixes my problem with Nero. Cheers mate ;)

13. mamakelly

mamakelly Member

Hi Alkohol! I am having a DMA problem. Under both of my IDE drivers, my DMA is enabled. But yet, when I try to burn a DVD, I get the error message "DMA driver error - CRC error". Do you have any idea what could be causing this? I've already uninstalled the drivers following your guide. I don't know what else to do.

550 mh processor
    256 RAM
    Nero and Roxio
    Lite on DVD burner and Mad dog DVD burner (one at a time in PC)

Thank you
    Thank you

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

15. jsteel

jsteel Guest

16. Merc1991

Merc1991 Member

is it normal to have like 5 of each IDE?

17. dusty107

dusty107 Member

Hope you guys can help me out.
    Recently had to replace my older DVD-rom drive (with a sony DDU1615 16X).I use the DVD-rom as slave and my Nec 3500ag burner as master. Both are on the same IDE cable but the master is DMA on while the slave DMA is off. I beleive this causing my copy-to-copy buns to consistently fail. After following Alkohols guide i find that I have no "advanced settings" tab after entering device manager and double-clicking primary (or secondary) IDE. There's nothing there to tell me whether i'm running PIO or otherwise unless i use nero info.
    What should i DO - Any advice would be appreciated!!!

18. brad3314

brad3314 Member

hi there i was reccomended to check up on this and i have a question here is pics of the primary and secondary just wanting to know if where the arrows are pointing is the correct settings ? cause they don't say the same as what the guide does on page 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thankyou

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  19. Hobb

Hobb Member

Hi there, i also have tried to do the things suggested in this thread but like the guy above i have the same things in my boxes.

Can't change the PIO box at all.

Thanx for any help.

Hob.

20. brad3314

brad3314 Member

Does anyone know ???