1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi file not playing??

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by sarahvita, Jan 15, 2005.

1. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

so i have a mac and thats why I am asking in here...it might not be proper but.. I downloaded an avi file and its about 47 mb not that big.. but it wont run on quick time saying it doesnt have the required compressor to play this movie.. so do you know a way I can view it? can I use a different compressor?thaks

2. macburner

macburner Guest

3. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

hey thanks that little player is great its totally playing the unplayable.. some things i have downloaded are all..um..jumbled i guess when i play it in there, but it plays it.. also doesnt play WMVfiles:(
    i am also having a problem with Windows media Viewer. I am trying t o play some things i have downloaded with this app because it is the one the computer reccomends i guess,(this is in a mac) then when i go to play it it tells me that i need a different version, and it sends me to the web site but with a mac i can only upgrade to 9 and it is at 10. it tells me i need some special WMV V7. I have no idea what they need me to do... was that confusing