1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up difficult PS2 games with a MAC

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by prpl_haZe, Feb 19, 2005.

1. prpl_haZe

prpl_haZe Member

Hey there,

Using OSX on a laptop, and currently have only Toast to burn with. There is a process for the PC which allows you to make an image of a (difficult or larger) game, extract files from the image, creating 2 bin files. Then you combine the bin files into a new image (iso) and burn it. This reduces the overall size of the data significantly, and is very useful for larger PS2 games like Def Jam Fight For New York, and specifically Star Wars Battlefront (the one Im having trouble with).

Can anyone recommend specific procedures and software for backing up PS2 games that aren't just as easy as "duplicate the dvd in toast"?

-haZe

2. oxygene

oxygene Guest

Get fastDVDcopy v3.5 program. It's 100 bucks, but it's basically unstopable as far as ripping programs go for mac or pc. You only need to click once and it does all the burning and iso rebuilding for you. It hasn't failed me yet on any of my backups of games and dvd's.

3. billthedj

billthedj Guest

fastDVDcopy (MacOSX) is really good, user friendly. I have only had one PS2 game it wouldn't backup. That was Shadow of Rome. With that I used my PC to make an ISO file. then I got a patch and use a program called ppf-o-matic3 and it fixed the iso. then all I had to do is burn the iso.

that patch really made my day I got it from this forum (somewhere)
    thanks to U wherever you are.

billthedj

4. Hard

Hard Member

What these two are telling you about Fast DVD copy is crap. It will not do anything for games such as Shadow Of Rome and NBA Street Vol. 3 to name a few. The ISO needs to be rebuilt, as far as my research has gone, I have managed to do it using Virtual PC on mac and the same procedure pcers use. It works running Virtual PC and using PC programs under it to do so.