1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Generals

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rob&keri, May 8, 2004.

1. rob&keri

rob&keri Regular member

I am trying to back up my copy of Command and Conquer Generals and the mission disk. I have Alcohol 120 and the easy guide on how to use it, I am using Clonyxxl to find what protection it has.

The problem is when I try to read it it comes up with 'Read exzamination error at...', I have cleaned the disk and tried other discs like 'Call of duty' and 'Ghost recon' but am still getting it.

I have backed up 'Black hawk down' with no problems using the same drive and software, can anyone help.

Cheers

Rob

2. rob&keri

rob&keri Regular member

pleasee guys

The Generals is using Safedisc v2.8 and has 9 skulls but black hawk downs protection indicates 10 skulls but I have no problem backing it up and playing it online.

Cheers

Rob

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

"2 sheep burner" will kill C&C Generals m8 which is Safedisc 2.8 cd protected. Most popular "2 sheep cd burners."

1)Plextor Premium (52\32\52x)
    2)LiteON (52\32\52x) or (52\24\52x)
    3) Asus 40\48\52x)

5. rob&keri

rob&keri Regular member

I haven't had the chance to do it yet, I have a DVD rw but can't find it on any 2 sheep list. Its a lite-on ldw-451s.

Preator, cheers mate I had searched but didn't find the lower page you sent me.

Rob

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Your Litey 451 "should" easily defeat Safedisc 2.8 m8. I personally recommend CloneCD\FireBurner for Safedisc 2\3x backups.

Shoey :)

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

No problem.... im usually not snappy except when i end up answering the same question half a billion times or so 'cuz people didnt search (or more commonly, didnt even ask in the right forum)... :)

8. rob&keri

rob&keri Regular member

Its OK,
    I did search but didn't find the second one of your links. I thought because I was getting all the error messages the back-up wasnt working. You proved me wrong, the back up seems fine and I check the mission disc later.

Cheers for all your help guys.

Rob