1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BackUp 7gb dvd movies on 4.5gb discs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by viva_elam, Apr 9, 2007.

1. viva_elam

viva_elam Member

Im trying to back up my collection of dvd movies but i found a problem: many of them have files of more than 4.5gb and cant copy them on the fly, original disc its not a double layer and the movie itself its no longer than 4gb....Please someone help me with advices on what to do, what software do i need, etc. I dont want to convert the movies to mpeg or any other format, i`d like to just copy to its original format. Thanks you all guys from this little movie fan girl !! viva :)

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. onya

onya Guest

Most movie DVD's are dual layer, and to back these up is almost effortless. Try the link below for the software you need and guides on how to use them. Did I mention it's all free?

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/A_F_Guides.html

Choose the 4th one down, and you'll be on your way. :) Have fun.
    Remember to have good quality discs, and burn at 8X speed max.

4. viva_elam

viva_elam Member

Thanx ! I was hoping there was someway to rip out the content of the dvd, delete unnecesary features (subs, language, trailers,etc.)thus reduce the file to burn it into a 4.5 gb disc

5. onya

onya Guest

Just follow those guides and all will go as you want. After the first couple of burns...you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. Once you've got the whole thing sorted out, you can teach your friends. ;)