1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup a Region 3 DVD (mac)

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Burnzilla, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey everyone,
    I have a pb 1.25G4 with Panther as the os. I am trying to backup my copy of a region 3 dvd that i belive is dvd9. I just want it region free so I can actually watch it instead of staring at the cover thinking if this is any good. I tried dvdbackup, OSex, and now Mac the Ripper. Any advice would be great. It your advice is use dvd shrink or decryptor on a pc. Well, if that's my only choice so be it. I'd rather not bother my friend to use his computer though. Thanks a million:)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

4. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey thanks, I was just wondering how I could move the thread over. Oh, by the way. Can anyone help?

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Only Moderators/Admin are able to move thread(s) !

As to mac problem , I haven't ever used Mac ... am a happy PC user personally.
    If you want any help doing it the PC way then just holla :)

6. Londor

Londor Guest

DVDBackup will change the region control coding. Just select Region free in the drop down menu.

7. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

I tried that and it errors with the VOB files but rips everything else. Any suggestions?

8. Londor

Londor Guest

Try 0sex and select in the Fmt drop down menu DVD Folders and press the options button. I the new window change the Key refresh rate to P4(VOBU), make sure the new region code is 0 and the Disable macrovision box is checked. This should do it.

9. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey, thanks. It ripped really fast into a .img. Sooooooo... how do I burn it so it can play on a dvd player. I tried using toast and made a dvd coaster buy mounting the image, then burning the video_ts folder and the audio. It took up 4.1 gigs but won't play. I made a boo boo but i don't know how to fix it. Thanks everyone:)

10. Londor

Londor Guest

From the Fmt. drop down button you have to choose DVD Folders not DVD Image and you will get the Video_TS folder.

11. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

all right everyone, this is what i tried. fmt to ps/dvd image, seg title/chapter/vobu, key refresh to 4 vobu. I've tried all these combinations and nothing works. The closest I got was dvd image cause I could mount it and the files were all there but I couldn't burn with toast. Any more suggestions. By the way, if anyone wants to do it for me that would be great, I'd pay all the shipping or just give you the @#!%^$# dvd as long as you teach me how to do it. Thanks a million, oh I live in Long Island NY.

12. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Oh crap, it's a dvd5. thanks everyone I really do appreciate all the help.

13. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Wow, i did the dvd folder and the p4 option for VOB, but the wierdest theing. The VOB file came out as 53 gigs. Is that right? thanks everyone:)

14. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Holy crap I'm in hell. I ripped it with DVD Shrink 3.1, transfered it over on my home lan. Then I tried to burn it and I get an error with toast 6 that the souce material has a problem. Hmmm.. just for kicks I used DVD2OneX and tried to burn that videots folder and i get the same error. The movie plays in VLC player fine with japanese audio and subtitles. Any and all helap is much appreciated. Thanks a million everyone:)

15. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey everyone. Another forum posted my answer. For anyone interested, burn as dvd-rom(udf) under advanced options in data for toast 6. Thanks a million everyone:)