1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Kodi Addons

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Melody1, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Melody1

Melody1 Member

May i ask the members/experts who have been around this forum for quite some time now, and also around these Android Boxes:

Which, in your esteemed opinion, are the best: 1) Sports - 2) TV - 3) Movies (or a combination of the three) Kodi Addons??
    The ones that any beginner, like me, should not be without??

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

its in the thread that you are already in, a kodi add on can be here today and gone tomorrow, if you check back to the main thread people put new add ons in there, if no one posts any there are none. i have told people time again if you want live tv, get a sat/cable box as kodi is not very reliable for live streams, especially when everyone jumps on that stream, server overload.
    cheers

3. Melody1

Melody1 Member

Thank you tongs but add ons seem to come along and a few weeks later they're gone. So I would like to know what add ons are the favourites PRESENTLY with different members. Thank you just the same tongs.

I hope others can share their favourites.

4. Melody1

Melody1 Member

For example: see Michael is advertising an add on called Titan for movies so has anyone tried it and how good is it?

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

tv box sets, movies, exodus, specto and velocity is what i use, great pictures as its not a live stream, sports njm soccer, sports devil, sports mix, robo cop is dead,, the DIFFERENT members are in the thread ANDROID BOXES BY PIOPAT

6. Melody1

Melody1 Member

Are tv box sets and movies add ons? And what is specto - never heard about it.

I have sports devil, velocity, number, exodus nadir I have live mix. Is sports mix good?

7. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Yep sports mix is good also njm soccer for sport , movies and box sets , exedus , velocity , specto, and sometimes the royal we , as tongs says above don't use box much for tv as have combi for sat
    To answer your questions above box sets and movies come within the addons ie exedus is an addon that has movies and boxsets ,
    Specto fork is a former of the old genesis, the Devs of genesis went there separate way , I have it but rather exedus ..... link below for specto
    Cheers ......

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOxgJUrzdns

Melody1 likes this.
  8. Melody1

Melody1 Member

Must tell you that this morning i managed to install Specto and it is very very good! Tongs was right about this addon as imho it's the best for Movies. I also installed an addon called TV Series which is very good too!

I feel that Live Mix / Sports Mix / NJM / Velocity / Sportsdevil are best for Sport;
    Specto / Exodus / Phoenix / Royal We are best for Movies;
    TV Series best for ......Well TV Series!

I'm getting along fine !! Yeee!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  9. wardmeister

wardmeister Newbie

What you do to install it? I've no idea how to install things on my box

10. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Melody1 likes this.
  11. wardmeister

wardmeister Newbie

12. piopat

piopat Active member

phoenix and ukturks are top notch addons , both have been around a while now and are great for movies and tv shows . but they also give you tv channels and sports . also both addons have great sections for classic tv shows and series , if you grew up in the 60s/70s/80s well both addons have great classic tv and movies from those times .

teevee is another excellent tv series addon as is stream.this

for movies well there are so many movie addons but the good reliable addons for me atleast are icefilms / 1channel / genesis (now called specto) /xmovies8 , one reason im partial to 1channel is that its an addon thats great for finding older movies , if other addons dont have a certain older movie the chances are good that 1channel will .

sports addons are different they can come and go . sportsdevil addon was dying but was taken over by other developers , it also is available under the name digitele , but its got no official repo (repository ) so usually you have to unstall the old version and install the new version to update , unless someone is adding it to their repo and keeping the updates coming .
    some sports addons use torrents , these require additional addons etc to be installed and also torrent sites are being blocked all the time so you could end up needing a vpn to use the addon , but thats not a big problem to resolve .

ive seen a sports addon just recently that clearly is using ts links , these are iptv links availalble all over the net that end with .ts . very simply these channels while being high quality only open a few seconds and then go off . i noticed an addon that good sports channels but every few seconds they would glitch (sort of freeze for a split second) but they didnt go off , that means the dev is using ts links but has a method to keep them from going off sort of splicing the bits together as it were . its watchable for sure .

and some sports addons require you to install sports devil , i never see the sense in installing two addons in this fashion , just install sports devil on its own .

live mix is a good addon for all the major sky channels , however its just a copy of the uktv now android app . these kodi copies dont usually last long as they put a large bandwidth drain on the uktv now site so uktv now usually end up making changes and the kodi addon wont then work . the way around that is to install he uktv now android app on the box , its free and when the kodi copies stop working the android app wont unless of course they ask you to update to a new version . world sports streams is another android app (its free ) and has every major european and even usa sports channels , and also sky movies channels . these would be a selection of my favourites

Alyem and Uparoundthebend like this.
  13. Melody1

Melody1 Member

Hi piopat - i've got UKturks but I don't have World Sports Streams. I saw a post of yours with the download for it. Is that still good and do i download it to a pendrive? Or can you place a recent version of it please?

Thank you.

14. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

how many sports addons do you want lol

Melody1 likes this.
  15. Melody1

Melody1 Member

You're right tongs!

I'm just accumulating them in order to choose the best and discard the rest - well not all !
    Hehe.

tongs007 likes this.
  16. piopat

piopat Active member

ive attached the very latest world sports streams to this post . its an android app not a kodi addon . download it to a usb stick and unzip it . then insert the stick in your android box , then go to your android apps and you should have file browser , open that and select the world sports stream app to install it .

Melody1 likes this.
  17. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Melody1 likes this.
  18. Melody1

Melody1 Member

Sorry pio but i can't see the attachment.

19. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Melody you can Google world sports streams and has plenty links for the apk file and follow piopats post above to install via usb .........
    Cheers ..........

Melody1 likes this.
  20. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Here's a fairly new add-on "evolve" , just had a quick flick through it and its good ! It has potential it's made up of 8 different secs from the people who run it so each sec has different "goodies" so worth a look ! https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-evolve-kodi/

Melody1 likes this.