1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot .iso cd with a cprrupted xboxdash.xbe

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Blacky420, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Blacky420

Blacky420 Member

can i boot like evox with a corrupted xboxdash.xbe

ive been trying but i cant seem to do it what i been using a cd/rw so that might be the problem

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

If you can still ftp just replace the file from the MS Dash Backup you created before you modded. When the xbox boots it loads using xboxdash.xbe. If its modded, instructions within that file tells the box to load your hacked dash, like a shortcut. Thats why when you boot the box it does not load the stock MS dash. If the file is corrupted or deleted it will not boot the xbox it'll just stay at the xbox logo service screen. If you cant ftp nor cannot run a disc you'll need to rebuild the drive or hotswap. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Its unlikely that you can run evox with a corrupted xboxdash.xbe Your xbox in order words is dead in order to restore it into a working state hotswap and replace that file.

4. Blacky420

Blacky420 Member

yea i never could get my ftp to work and it was corrupted when i tried installing evox so i have no ip (my modded xboxdash.xbe kept me from connecting to the internet)

i used dvdtoxbox

ive been trying to hotswap but i cant seem to access hd after its unlocked

help me on this forum http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/516458