1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brighten .avi files before burning to DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by airmide, Jun 23, 2007.

1. airmide

airmide Member

My .avi files (and really all other types of media files) show up *very* dark. I was hoping it was just an issue with my computer's settings since usually I can easily fix the problem by changing the settings each time in Windows Media Player.

But recently I tried burning a couple of DVD's and they turned out pretty dark too. So I'm wondering if there's a way to edit them to make them brighter before burning.

I'm currently using Nero 7 ultra edition, and sometimes dvdshrink. I'm still a newbie at these sorts of things but can follow instructions pretty well on Nero or any other (preferably free) new program.

I'd like something that won't greatly change the file size, or decrease the quality.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!
    ~Airmide

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/435236 Contrast will brighten considerably and brightening 2-3% makes a large difference as well and I guess it depends on your computer but I usually have a new file in about 1/2 hour. Works great and free too.