1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn .avi movie onto a dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by carmen, May 19, 2007.

1. carmen

carmen Member

i know this seems like a stupid questions but i have a few movies that are in .avi format and am unsure as to what i have to do to burn them onto a dvd. i didnt know if i had to change the format or burn them in a particular way?thanks in advance

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ConvertXtoDVD is a video converter software to convert and burn your videos to DVD. With ConvertXtoDVD and a few clicks you can backup your movies to DVD playable on any home DVD player.

ConvertXtoDVD supports most popular formats such as AVI to DVD; Mpeg, Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, VOB, WMV, DV and stream formats to DVD. It converts your files into a compliant DVD Video set of files and burns it on a DVD media. The ConvertXtoDvd does not need an external AVI codec download. It uses its own AVI codecs.

Looking for free video converter software? ConvertXtoDVD is free video converter evaluation software - a small payment and you no longer have the VSO watermark on the video output.

there are other programs that will convert your AVI files to DVD. You can use NeroVision to do it and I'm sure others will tell you what programs are free..... I use ConvertXToDVD and always come out fine!

3. carmen

carmen Member

i live in australia , do u know if this program works for over here?thanks

4. carmen

carmen Member

i live in australia , do u know if this program works for over here?thanks

5. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Yes that program will work over there. You can set it according to your area. Meaning NTSC or PAL which in your case PAL. Just change it in the settings.

6. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

If you want to burn them to view on a divx player, then burn it as straight up data dvd.

Otherwise, you got to convert each avi to dvd movie like file, which will take some time.

7. carmen

carmen Member

ive used convertxtodvd and it has worked successfully except throughout most of the video on my screen there is a huge watermark. does anyone know anyfreeware versions of a similar program. or any programs which can change .avi format to a format playable on my dvd and then i can burn it using nero.

thanks

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

9. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Wish you had said you had Nero from the beginning.Would have saved you some time.Follow gwendolin's guide and you'll be fine...