1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURN GAMECUBE GAMES ON MINI DVD (URGENT)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by stk_006, Apr 20, 2008.

1. stk_006

stk_006 Guest

when i put a orgional game on my laptop it doesn't sho any files, but if a download a gamecube game from the net, will i be able to burn it?

if yes how?

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

You cannot rip gamecube games using regular methods. You have to stream it to your PC using Phatasy star online. Check out this link for ripping and backing up.

If you were to down a game off the net you should be ok as long as it was properly ripped. I burn to full sized DVD-R's but for mini's I would say use low burn speeds (4X). Setting the booktype to DVD-ROM should help if you are using +R's.

Here is a very useful site for gamecube modding.
    For burning:
    Guides and Tutorials>
    Ripping and burning>
    Burn images.

3. mrlister

mrlister Member

If you are downloading a game make sure the file size is 1.35gb otherwise it is an incorrect file.
    Also, ensure that it is an iso file.
    If all this info is correct then use Nero to burn it onto a disc.
    I use Verbatum printable mini discs and I never have a problem with them.
    If your gamecube is modded then you can use the GC to stream the file onto your PC using a network cable and a GC modem broadband adapter. That takes roughly 35 minutes to copy the game onto the hard drive, and around 4 minutes to burn the disc.
    If you are using a GC to put the game onto your PC you need the IP address of the GC. That is on this forum, along with some instructions.
    Good luck and happy playing!

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

A .gcm file would also work.

Edit: also if your image isn't the proper size, you can use FSTFIX to bring it to the proper size.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  5. stk_006

stk_006 Guest

i just recently brough my gamecube, due to my bad expirence with slim ps2 (broken)

im planning 2 get XENO GC (modchip)

i just downloaded mario kart double dash and its, GCM file, can i just rename it to iso?

plus if i have a modchip, i wouldn't need any further equpment like a online adapter as long as i download games, n burn it?

am i correct

n thank u all 4 your replies

6. HG27

HG27 Guest

Just use Imgburn man, it can handle .gcm files so you won't need to rename.

You are correct in that you won't need any other equipment once you have the chip installed. That is unless you planned to go online. The XenoGC is a pretty good chip (got one in my cube), it does what it needs to.

7. stk_006

stk_006 Guest

thanks i will try it out as soon as my sister invests in the chip :p