1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURN .MPG to DVD with DVD Studio Pro 2

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by ohmigodEW, May 30, 2004.

1. ohmigodEW

ohmigodEW Member

I need some help.... I have been trying unsuccessfully to burn a DVD using DVD Studio Pro 2 but every time I try to import .mpg movies as assets, it says they are an unsupported file format. It won't even convert it to a supported file format either, and I've tried reading all of the help topics. Does anyone know what I should do??? Thanks very much.

-Bethany**

2. rooth

rooth Member

It's possible the MPEG file you have is using an audio codec that DVD Studio Pro does not support. I had this problem with some of my mpegs and DVDSP2, also. What's strange is that QuickTime supported the file just fine, and I thought DVDSP2 used QT as a back-end for that stuff. But, what I did was go into QT, and export the audio to several separate files, each in a different format. Then I exported the video to MPEG2. I brought the video and audio into DVDSP2, and it worked -- I don't remember exactly which audio format worked, but I think DVDSP2 supports most of them, just not the one you happen to have inside your .mpg movies.

3. ohmigodEW

ohmigodEW Member

You're right, but my friend actually helped me find a solution to this problem that's actually quicker than yours. I had tried exporting in Quicktime to .mov and there would never be any audio. So my friend told me to get ahold of some software called "Cleaner 6" and it converts movie formats. It will convert an mpeg-4 to an mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 which is what DVDSP supports. Thanks for your reply!

-B

4. rooth

rooth Member

Yes, QuickTime's "export" feature only ever exports either the video or audio streams, not both. Cleaner 6, eh? I haven't heard of that one .. but I now have about two dozen video & audio tools at my disposal. TOO MANY! I can't keep 'em straight as to which one does what. :)

Happy editing!
    --Rooth