1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a backup DVD

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by netproof, Jun 24, 2004.

1. netproof

netproof Member

Hey

I want to backup a DVD with my Powerbook G4 Superdrive 1ghz

I start with the program DVD backup
    Then go to DVD2oneX (if needed)
    Take the video_ts folder to Toast Titanium 6 and try to burn the DVD. Errors I have occured while trying to burn

As I was burning, about halfway though the DVD, a message would pop up about a coding error - I was advised to turn on buffer underrun prevention - this worked for that problem

Now everytime I try to burn either toast quits out or it burns (after running though DVD2onex) and I get no sound on the DVD.

The media I use is TDK DVD-R. Ill take any help.

2. applemac

applemac Member

Your problem is your burn method, I had a very similary situation. You want to get this FREEwear program http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19456. This creates a dvd image from your VIDEO_TS folder. Then go into toast and into the copy section, if you are using titanium select the 'disk image' option and drag the .img file over to it, then clikc burn. Hope this helps
    -whit

3. ropa

ropa Member

What you also can try is to open toast 6, go to the data folder. And choose advanced in your tray, clik the dvd button (udf) and drag your video_ts folder in it. Make sure there is also a audio_ts folder so older standalone players can read the disc. It doesn't matter that the audio_ts folder is empty.

That should do the trick.

About the media i can not burn the empty dvd-r of maxell with my powerbookg4, i use dvd-r of imagin, never has problems with imagin dvd or cd