1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a DVD with dvdshrink and nero?....

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Ransack81, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Ransack81

Ransack81 Guest

Uneducated burner here...I know enough to burn a cd, a dvd movie, and ps2 games...thats it. I have a question for movies and it is this...after I have shrunk the movie and I add all the files into nero, and I burn the whole thing onto disc; I take it out and put it into my VD player. First moments are ok, but then all of a sudden, little green boxed, start popping up and edited by ddp up and slowing down the movie. But then in the PS2 it plays the burnt DVD perfect...Is it something Im doing or is it the edited by ddp sony dvd player?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2007
  2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Ransack81, There is NO NEED for you to use foul language and it is against forum rules.

3. aditek

aditek Member

ransack81
    first of all watch ur mouth!!!das not the proper way 2 ask help here.if u want ppl to help u.stop using foul language aiiite!!!

gwendolin got a prblem i was trying backing up the grudge 2 and it was doing ok wid the shrink and after the whole thing was done something pop up on my windows....

*edit by Jannejt | looks like nero serials..*

Windows XP 5.1
    IA32
    WinAspi: -
    ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 8:35:34 PM
    Nero API version: 6.6.0.18
    Using interface version: 6.3.1.4
    Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\
    Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom
    Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 18e

Recorder: <MATSHITA UJ-840D> Version: 1.03 - HA 0 TA 1 - 6.6.0.18
    Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 0
    Drive buffer : 2048kB
    Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
    DiskPeripheral : Hitachi HTS541280H9AT00 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
    CdRomPeripheral : MATSHITA UJ-840D atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
    MATSHITA UJ-840D E: CDRom0
    =======================

AutoRun : 1
    Excluded drive IDs:
    WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
    ShowDrvBufStat : 0
    BUFE : 0
    Physical memory : 1022MB (1046960kB)
    Free physical memory: 492MB (504272kB)
    Memory in use : 51 %
    Uncached PFiles: 0x0
    Use Inquiry : 1
    Global Bus Type: default (0)
    Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI
    3:08:37 AM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
    DVD-Video files reallocation started

3:08:37 AM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1189
    Required file 'VTS_24_0.VOB' is not present

3:08:37 AM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
    DVD-Video files reallocation failed

3:08:37 AM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 212
    Failed to realloc DVD video files

Existing drivers:
    File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=2.03.26a, size=20576 bytes, created 1/12/2005 4:03:00 AM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

maybe you can help me.iono wats dis i tink i did somethin wrong?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  4. Ransack81

Ransack81 Guest

to 2-bit gwendolin and the "junior member"...kiss my @$$...is that better?

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@aditek, You will probably need to use a program such as AnyDVD which will break any copy protection on the movie.
    I would suggest you try using Nero Recode along with AnyDVD.

Try here for a free trial of AnyDVD

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html?aid=50022

BTW ratsack, I have reported you to the mods and hopefully you will receive their WRATH!!!

Also found your other thread.

6. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member

how about 1 week ban.. is that better? yes.

7. aditek

aditek Member

gwendolin
    so i have to use ANYDVD?ok thanks again.i thought i did something wrong wid my comp?nero recode i kinda mess around wid it the other day how it works and kinda got a little confused hehehe...but imma try..thanks so much!!!

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Ransack81, lightning struck!!! i saw that other thread that i hid, you idiot!!

9. aditek

aditek Member

@gwendolin
    if i used anydvd do i have to use it with clonedvd?because i downloaded the anydvd and when i click it nothing happening so i went to surf here at afterdawn and saw a thread about anydvd with clonedvd
    so i have to use clonedvd?thanks

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You can also use CloneDVD, but Nero Recode will do the job. AnyDVD will automatically "kick in" and you should see the "Red Fox" at the bottom right near your clock, indicating it is working.

11. aditek

aditek Member

hey i want to ask if someone can help me.i was reading how to use ripit4me and i did all the step and software wat i need so it could work.but when i was doing the step to put the dvd and click wizard mode it said that no disc.whats that mean.do i have to have 2 drives to use this? i am using a laptop is it possible

12. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@aditek
    If you do full movie w/ AnyDVD and Recode you will get a video reallocation failed error that you got. Shrink will just bomb on it.
    Movie only should do it though w/ Recode - not sure w/ Shrink though.

These are some of the newer Sony's that have quite a few bad files like 40+ on them on - the one you have + Saw 3, Open Season, Running W/ Scissors , Zoom.

So on these using AnyDVD you can do movie only w/ Recode and possibly Shrink
    Or just use CloneDVD - has some nice options of cutting out what you don't want like the 8 or so previews in Grudge 2.

There have also been reports that Shrink version 2.3 will work w/ these and AnyDVD.
    Here's a link for 2.3

There is also freeware - rip w/ DVDFab Decrypter then open those files in Shrink.

Or RipIt4Me

13. aditek

aditek Member

ok im going 2 try it thanks binkie

14. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Keep up posted aditek
    The one drive shouldn't make a diff. The only thing I've noticed on these 'special' movies is it takes my laptop longer to read them - may be the reason you see no disc in drive.

Other drives no problem but this movie can be backed up :)

15. aditek

aditek Member

@binkie7
    i am running grudge 2 in clonedvd2 and i have no idea how to do it but so far so good.hopefully it will work.well ill keep posting if nething happen.saw 3 is pain 2.i kinda waisted lot of dvdr already
    im really suck at dis..hehehe

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

There is really no need to use RI4M in the Wizard mode, unless you want to try to skip the FixVTS processing (which I don't advise for any of the new releases with the heavier copy protections). It's best to use 1-Click and let the files be processed with FixVTS and opened in Shrink to check for compliance. That's what the quick anlaysis shows. If you get the quick analysis in Shrink, you can bet you have a good set of files. Then it's a simple matter to transcode with Shrink or close out Shrink and use the files in another program. It only takes one drive to use RI4M. The program reads from the drive and rips to the hard drive. Since RI4M decrypts, cleans and processes the files for compliance all through the 1-click mode, it is one of the easiest programs to use and I've found it to be one of the most reliable. It's been doing titles that caused problems for DVDFab Decrypter and AnyDVD.

I've got a friend who is almost computer illiterate. I got him started using RI4M, transcoding with Shrink and burning with Nero and he's not asked me for any help in weeks. He's been doing the Sony and Lionsgate releases with ease.

17. aditek

aditek Member

@pacman
    thanks for ur help.but my biggest prblem is when i put my dvd into my drive and click ripit4me it said that no disc i cleaned it and try it again.it still saying the same no disc on drive e:am i doing something wrong?

18. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

When I installed Ripit4me I had to restart my computer before I could get it to recognize my discs, so if you have only just downloaded it, I would suggest you reboot your comp.

19. aditek

aditek Member

@gwendolin
    yeah i did that 2.i restart my comp and now i tried it again it wont work but earlier it was workin with clonedvd.i jst want to try how to use ripit4me.and i tried using other dvd and it open and i checked the dvd if its scratch its not.iono if im doing something wrong

20. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member