1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning .Bin & .Cue on DVD - how???

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by MacNim, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mac242

mac242 Member

i just tried to burn a TS file after putting it through dvd2onex, and got the following error Sense Key=medium error
    Sense code=0x73, 0x73

any ideas?

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

did it give you the error when you tried burning or adding it in?

and yes.. data tab-->advanced-->dvdrom udf..

dont use cheap media.. check my sig for quality media..

3. mac242

mac242 Member

no it gave me the error, while it was burning...so im confused here, i Haven't had 1 successfuel burn yet.....

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

what brand of media are you using?

5. mac242

mac242 Member

im using maxell dvd+R

6. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

run that thru the program in my sig and post what they code out to...
    what speed are those rated at?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  7. mac242

mac242 Member

this is going back to a previous question in this thread. I have a bunch of .avi files, that I burn on dvd. With ffmpegx i select the.avi file i want to change in the 'open' field, then the save as field ...do i change the ending from .avi.ff to .mpeg manually, because when I dont, it doesnt create the file. Im confused on how to convert .avi files. Toast wont burn unless they are converted

8. res1492

res1492 Member

Ok i know this is a lot of encoding but this is how i get my Tv episodes (AVI) onto DVD

First start by opening toast 7...under the "Video" tab choose "Video CD"
    Drop in the episodes..for some reason i find that if i try to encode more than 6 at a time
    they Fook up...so no mre than 6...it doesnt matter if the little coloured bar at the bottom
    goes into the red at this moment in time because your not going to burn the image to a
    CD..you just need the .Dat files that it encodes
    Now goto "File" And "Save as Disk Image"..Save it somewhere..After it has encoded, right
    click and "Mount it"
    Now open the Disk image and goto the "MPEGAV" Folder ...You should see your episodes
    there...they will be called "AVSEQ01.DAT" files
    So depending how many episodes you dropped in you'll have as many .DAT files

OK now copy the .DAT files out onto your desktop and rename them to your TV show.
    So....
    If you dropped in 3 lost eps
    AVSEQ01.DAT=Lost Eps 01.DAT
    AVSEQ02.DAT=Lost Eps 02.DAT
    AVSEQ03.DAT=Lost Eps 03.DAT
    And so on......

Now open up toast again and under "Video" tab choose "DVD-Video" and drop in the .DAT
    files...keep your eye on the little colouerd bar so you know when your DVD is full.
    Choose the menu style you want and Goto "File" and "Save As Disk Image"
    Once this has encoded you will be able to burn the image to a DVD and watch on your
    Player

Guys i know that there must be easier ways of getting .avi files onto DVD but this has
    always worked for me and with my new GigaDesigns 2GHz processor upgrade for my G4 it
    doesnt take long at all
    About 20 mins to encode an episode to VCD then about 1 and a half hours to encode a full
    DVD

And please dont ask me any hard questions as i dont pretend to be a Encoding whizz...in
    fact i stumbled upon this by accident
    I hope this helps you out :D

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  9. reverb77

reverb77 Member

This threads been a huge help...I have a question still, hoping someone can help me out.

I have a 790MB video file. I want to be able to watch this on a DVD player, not just my computer. I mounted the .bin and .cue files, and I copied the AVSEQ01.DAT file to my desktop. My only concern is this...the file is over 700MB which is what my CD-R is. I have some blank DVD-Rs also, but I dont want to waste them trying out different things. Can someone advise me on what to do? Is there a way to get a file that large onto a CD-R (or DVD-R...I'm still confused about what I need to put it on...VCDs can be recorded on CD-R, right?)?

10. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

this one is actually from the post right above yours..

that is pretty much the main way to do it.. i know i've tried it this way in its fine.. you can also check out ffmpegx..
    but the toast option, i found, is to be pretty dang easy. yes, it will take a while to encode.. but just leave it overnight. go find something else to do while its encoding..

i'm constantly looking for new software for mac.. i did find this site..

http://www.pure-mac.com

they have shareware, demos and freeware.. check out the video section.. they may have something there for just that.. and if they do.. just post it back up.

11. reverb77

reverb77 Member

OK so I did that...and everything worked great until I got an error message with 3 mins left to burn (after encoding). The error message read:

THE DRIVE REPORTED AN ERROR
    SENSE KEY=ILLEGAL REQUEST
    SENSE CODE=OX21,OX02
    BUFFER UNDERRUN

However, the DVD plays great for the first 9 mins on my player. I have no idea what to do next. Ideas?

12. minusbear

minusbear Member

hi, i recently procured a movie from the internet and am used to .avi and the occasional .vob but the files that i got were a .bin and a .cue

i want to get the .bin and .cue into .vob files so i can watch my movie on my dvd player.

i have Toast 7 Titanium and ffmpegx.

whenever i try to add the .bin to ffmpegx, it tells me that there are no audio or video tracks and doesn't encode.

help?

13. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

this is from the first page of this thread.. that's why i had it stickied. hop this helps.

[bold]Lets try it this way...never actually done it but we can see.

Open toast and click copy and select Disk image in the side panel.
    Click Select... and find the BIN file and open it.
    Back in the Toast window, click Mount... (should be right next to Select...)
    You should have a Disk on your desktop titled similiar to your files.

Open the disk and find a folder called MPEGAV and open it.
    Drag the .dat file out onto your desktop or HD and wait for it to copy.
    Change the extension from .dat to .mpg which should make it viewable mpeg in Mplayer or Quicktime.

Go back into Toast and unmount your image (button used to Mount...)
    Click Video up top and select DVD Video in the advanced pane.
    Drop your newly aquired mpeg into the window, insert a DVD and click burn.
    Set your burn prefs in the drop window and click record.

It should encode the mpeg and burn it as a DVD, but it will take some time. Set it to go before you go to bed and it should be about ready or done when you wake up.

All of this seems to work on my system. The only thing I did't do is the burn process. When I did drop the MPG into the DVD Video window I noticed it only took up a fraction of the disk, whereas the .AVI files I have encoded through Toast have always taken up the whole disk for best quality. Try saving as a disk image and then mounting the image to make sure it plays in OS X's DVD player before you make a coaster.[/bold]

yes, i do realize you are on toast 7, but you also do have that feature in toast 7. you're really just using toast to mount the image

14. biggy350

biggy350 Guest

I am having the same problem and have read all 3 pages and still can't get it to work. Here is my problem. I select Disc Image in Toast 7 and I mount the .bin file to my desktop but when I open the disc all the folders are empty - "No Items" - So I can't continue. I know the movie works because I can view it with the VLC media player. Which is fine but I don't want my 5 year old anywhere near my powerbook! :) Any help is greatly appreciated!