1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Mpg files to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 2ligit, Oct 29, 2004.

1. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

I have over 150 Seinfeld Episodes, they are mpg. files, how can I burn them on CD? I have Nero and TMPGEnc but I don't know how to do it, can someone please help me step by step on how to burn these episodes on DVD

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Well, which is it?!
    You can burn whatever you want, on whatever medium, but to playback on standalone DVD player, you must author a compliant DVD video or SVCD (MPEG2) or VCD (MPEG1).
    If you have Nero6, it will convert your *.mpg to the format of your choice :)
    L8R

3. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

I have Nero 6, but I want to plays these episodes on a DVD player, can you let me know how to burn these on DVD. I tried, but it gives me an error, I really need some guide to help me through this thanks.

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Remember that 'burning them on DVD' is easy!
    Just burn them on DVD :)
    What YOU want is to author a compliant DVD video, which is a different thing, right?
    Well, the only 'error' I got was that I had to purchase the Nero MPEG2 codec for $25 bucks.
    So I did. Now it's easy (and, top-quality results too).
    You need to use TMPGEnc or maybe DVDSanta:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/dvdsanta.cfm
    But what you want to do, it's a challenge to do it for free...
    So good luck.
    Fortunately there are many step-by-step guides to assist you.
    I still recommend the Nero thing.

5. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

6. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

I have a question, still concerning putting my seinfeld mpgs on DVD-R. I have seen that people are telling me to change the format from mpgs to DVD format with TMPGEnc. The only problem is, I'm new at this, and I don't know how to use it. Can someone please direct me on how to use this program...thanx!

7. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

2ligit

videohelp.com has tutorials...should help u out

tigger