1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use an external dvd dual layer writer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tkdkat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. tkdkat

tkdkat Member

I have bought an external LITEON 20 x DVD/CD Writer & Rewriter (Dual layer) Can I use this to burn XBox 360 Games. I am very very new to this its my nephews XBox 360 (Christmas) and an trying to work out how to download (newsgroups) and burn to disc. I have a dvd image, iso image, I have also downloaded imgburn. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

2. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

Well can you bitset on your external drive? Is your nephews 360 chipped or flashed? Look here I think this guide will do. remember you Have to have your 360 modded to play backup games.

3. tkdkat

tkdkat Member

Hi
    Thanks for getting back to me, his xbox is flashed with stealth (bought all ready done off modchipfitters) Im afraid I dont know what Bitset is (please dont laugh) I have downloaded game got dvd file and image.000 file. From what I have read up on I just use the dvd dile in imgburn, just wondered if I can use external writer?

4. tkdkat

tkdkat Member

Just found out the model number is LH-20A1PX (I think it supports bitset) If this is any help

5. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

You need to put a Layerbreak code in before you burn. Click tools then settings and select ISO Write mode then it says Options 'Layerbreak Options' and put in 1913760 this is for all360games. This is how to put layerbreak in on DVD Decrypter I dunno for ImgBurn, but ImgBurn is very much alike decrypter. Then you just burn it at 2x then done as far as I know.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007