1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can OSEx Rip Motion and Interactive Menu Information from DVDs

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by zx11ninja, Apr 15, 2003.

1. zx11ninja

zx11ninja Member

Hi all.

I have successfully used OSEx to rip some DVDs. Obviously, most ripped DVDs will have to be burned to two DVD-Rs. If this is the case, it makes sense to capture everything from the source DVD.

Has anyone been able to rip the motion menu, selection menu, and other menu sections from a DVD? So far, I have been able to rip only movie sections. However, I want to be able to rip menu sections as well.

Is this possible with OSEx, or is there another tool? I also have DVDExtractor, but it is not as versatile as far as being able to break up file output by title, chapter, etc. This is especially important when ripping DVDs greater than 4.7 GB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Z

2. mike71

mike71 Guest

DVDbackup

I've used it to rip full >4.3 DVD's with menu.

I also ripped a <4.3 DVD with menu's to 2 DVD's by fiddling.

Unfortunately my chapter markers on one DVD did not line up correctly. I don't have any expensive software and have yet to make both menu's work perfectly.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You do know that DVD2Onex will compress your larger than 4.36Gb files to fit a DVD-R (+R)
    With good quality unless maybe the movie is 8Gb or so (which most are not after ripping just MOVIE-ONLY)

It seems that you guys on Mac systems are just waiting for someone to get a good Rip/Decrypting piece of software like Smartripper or DVD Decrypter (Windows) together

I never realised things were so bad for ripping_authoring_burning on mac o/s

Last edited: Apr 25, 2003
  4. mike71

mike71 Guest

movie only rips on mac are pretty straight forward, its preserving the menu thats the prob. If i was keen I'd just learn to make my own menus in flash.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD2Onex will let you keep menu (but gotta take extras too) in FULL-DISK Mode.