1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can,t copy Copyrighted DVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by captrivia, Oct 22, 2004.

1. captrivia

captrivia Member

i have tried shrinkdvd & dvdxcopy express & 1 click dvd with out any luck.Downloaded other copiers with no luck.I must be a very dumb dude.I can,t get any of them to work.1clickdvdcopy is supposed to be the best.Can,t get it to work with another program to assist it in copying copyguarded dvd,s.I down loaded shrinkdvd and i can,t get it to work.Can anyone give me step by step istructions on how to make it copy."Thanks to all who try and help this old man...

2. du2772

du2772 Guest

For both Shrink and 1 Click DVD you really must have a small utility called DVD43, search for it on this site. Install it and see if that helps

I am new to this myself and DVD43 is a must.

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

DVD43 isn't really a must, but it can be useful. Some have reported problems with it, others love it. For a basic guide for shrink look here....

http://www.dvdshrink.info/fulldisk_basic.php

Or here.....
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php

Or here....

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Or when all else fails try a ScubaPete guide here(part way down the page)....

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105641

The last link is a very informative thread and I would advise most newcomers to read it. There are alot of entry level problems covered on all those pages.
    Good luck and happy Burning.

4. cedron

cedron Guest

Try using Anydvd and Clonedvd2. Anydvd inhibits the copy protection perfectly. Just let anydvd run silently in the back ground then use clonedvd2. I have never had a failure using these two programs, over 300 movies so far.

5. michigan

michigan Guest

When using Shrink you don't need DVD43, however you do need a DVD buring program if you don't have one you can use Decrypter (free download here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm). If you already have a burning program which one is it?

Exactly where are you getting stuck in the process, when you are using Shrink? What did you do and where did the problem come up? What specificly was the problem and what were the errors (if any)

It not very difficult to make a DVD so stick with it you'll be burning discs in no time.

6. captrivia

captrivia Member

I tried to follow the procedures of shrinkdvd and the decrypter...when i finish and try to burn a dvd no luck.I don,t know where i go wrong.I need a walk through from start to putting in a dvd and press burn....

7. michigan

michigan Guest

Exactly where are you getting stuck in the process, when you are using Shrink? What did you do and where did the problem come up? What specificly was the problem and what were the errors (if any)

Then we'll get you going

8. captrivia

captrivia Member

Michigan, i don,t know where the problem is.I follow all the procedures, and when i try to burn "Nothing"I need a walk through from start to finish step by stp-I have shrinkdvd and dvdencriptor,no sucess.I also have tried anydvd &clonedvd2-NOthing.....

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

captrivia,

What guides have you tried?

10. captrivia

captrivia Member

i have read all the guides.

11. flip218

Which ones? Post the links.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

All the software you've tried are good solid apps that should work fine. If we're going to effectively help you we need much more detail from you.

Let's start with DVD Shrink:

Can you tell us in detail what steps you tried and what exactly went wrong?

How far did you get?

At what step did you run into problems?

13. JoshB

JoshB Member

Go back to your other many post on this subject and read .Theres people trying to HELP YOU..Oh what kind of PC to you have and burner..(DVD Burner)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]A DVD is Like a Woman.It either Will or Won't![/small]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  14. jenko

jenko Member

I have never had any problems with Shrink but my problem is I copy DVD's and some play perfectley and some don't.
    E.G. I made 3 copies of Shrek (for family)for 3 different players.Two play perfectly -1 becomes pixelated and looks like a wash board effect eventually jams and freezes the player.This happens at different points in the movie.
    It also can happen at random on my expensive Panasonic machine yet when you play the same copy in a cheap player it MAY be OK.I have even burn't at 2X instead of 4X this does not seem to help.The length of movie also seems irrelevant so compression rate is not the problem?Have tried all brands of DVD blanks,no difference.There is no logic that I can see to this problem.A movie that has played OK one day and replayed
    another day may jam usally at about half or more way through.Any one had similar unexplainable problems.??

15. flip218

16. jenko

jenko Member

Hello Flip
    have used various brands of media including Princo,Shintaro,TDK,Imation.Media brand does not appear to be the problem but who knows as this problem is very much inconsistent .Have ordered Ritek brand which sounds like it may be the pick. You can watch a copy say, today and it plays completely through,watch the same copy next day (in same player)and the errors appears.I have photographed this problem on TV screen if any one wants to see what I am refering too.Media type is -R.

17. flip218

hmm, I use TDK and have had good luck with them (+R's) ... have you tried cleaning your players?

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

captrivia

Like Michigan said, all you really need is DVD Shrink and something to burn with. DVD Decrypter does just fine for burning as long as you transcode to an ISO file first. You don't really need DVD43 with shrink but if you have to have a program such as DVD43 then go with AnyDVD it's much better.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  19. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Use DVD Decrypter, it works on all my copy-righted DVD movies.