1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can u fix this? REWARD! Firefox & IE stopped w/Vista

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Erik32, May 24, 2015.

1. Erik32

Erik32 Member

Hello fellow humans.
    I am Erick. Nice to be back here (and not so nice).
    I do NOT know much about computers - this may be super easy for some of you.
    If you can get my cpu back to normal I want to give you a reward.
    (2 dvd's (mainstream movies or sexy movies, your choice), a piece of high quality candy,
    a Fantastic mix c.d. with great music, comedy, etc (you may persuade me to your stylings) [ the c.d. will be labled to the computer scientest (your name) who was able to fix ... this horrid problo .... and the proud honour
    of being the genius who fixed this mess I am in!
    :)

3rd time typing this here as the page keeps jumping to 'crackle.com'.
    :(

Windows Vista.
    Hewlet Packard cpu.
    Firefox used for Browser.
    Windows mail for e-mail

Story: Updated my "Adobe flash player" - videos slowed-down even more.
    Ran my "Super Anti-spyware" which I have used for years - and still the same slow, sometimes halting videos.
    Ran my 'MalwareBytes' - and still the same- but now videos barely playing at all.
    A pop-up appeared, which is ultra rare for my system, it was the b.s. "brought to you by Shopperz" ad for tech support (1-844- number) w/the girls face on the side. I have a pic of it.
    Stupid me, I fell for it and called. "tech support" guy went in to my cpu and showed me just how at risk I am (I know, I know) unless I buy 1 of their 3 packages starting at 250.$ When I asked for the company name and a place to look them up he jumped off the phone and typed on screen that we were cut-off / he's calling back this second- i could still hear him on the phone- I realized it was b.s. - i hung-up / closed-out - and disconnected my router - shut the windows down - ran my "Ccleaner" and re-booted.

- - Once restarted I could not click on e-mail links, firefox would not open at all, i.explorer would not open at all. I could still get e-mail and skype works. My friend set me up with "midori", which is horrid and shuts down every 5 min's, but at least I have 'almost internet' so I can beg ya'll for help here.

-- I have looked into so many threads, "answers", forums... nothing worked at all. Just a brick wall every time. Firefox's answers are to "Open firefox and... (i can not open it) click the message button or the 'restart' button..." - Other 'anwers' are to restart in 'safe mode' and then use firefox (doesn't work- just the same spinning buffer circle for 6 seconds then nothing.

A friend tried to have me set the cpu back a few days, but when we checked to see if we could do that (i think with Ccleaner looking at files available (?), he said we could not.

Email links still can not be used. The internet has become MUCH slower, I am guessing that is the 'Midori' browser.

Since that day (those hours) I found some bad programs in my control panel/uninstall - I managed to uninstall most of them, but 2 or 3, once I uninstall, it lays an egg of 2 more programs, and the circle continues. (some of those programs are: 'optimizer pro', 'safeGuard', 'Shopperz', and something like 'G-player'). (those 1st 3 are still there)- again, I uninstall one, and 2 or 3 are installed).

I feel that the cpu is NOT seeing a connection between firefox, i.e., the e-mail links and internet connectivity.

Anyone know how to solve this one? IF so, please e-mail me (Echdrum@optonline.net) as my internet only lasts for about 5 min's then shuts down - and I will be away from this cpu for a few days. If your fix works, I assure you I will place the name/'thank you' & such accolades (spelling?) on this thread/post. :)
    - Big hug in advance. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  2. Erik32

Erik32 Member

3. aldan

aldan Active member

where are you 2old?download and run adwcleaner and get rid of anything it comes up with.then download and run junkware removal tool and get rid of anything it comes up with.thirdly,download,update and run a scan with malwarebytes.quarantine anything it come up with.post the logs from these scans in your next post.

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

These are all Adware, malware and browser hijackers...
    We can run a cleanup script and then go from there:

[​IMG] Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
    Please also download the attached scriptfile, named zoekscript.txt.

[​IMG] Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs, so they do not interfere with the running of Zoek.exe. You can find instructions how to disable your security applications here.

Now, on your Desktop, drag and drop zoekscript.txt on Zoek.exe as shown below:
    [​IMG]

Please approve any UAC prompt to allow this action to proceed.

Answer Yes to the following prompt to allow the zoek script to run:

[​IMG]

This action causes Zoek.exe to start automatically. Please be patient while Zoek is scanning.

When the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad.
    The log is also found on the systemdrive, normally C:\
    If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.

Post the zoek-results.log in your reply and we'll see what needs to be done.. Let me know how it's working now?

@aldan hello bud, long time no see how you been?
    2oG

Attached Files:

5. aldan

aldan Active member

just hanging around learning my new trade.knew you couldnt resist this one.lol

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I just LOVE working with old HP Vista systems. ;) Oops, does that sound facetious? :rolleyes:

7. aldan

aldan Active member

im just impressed you can spell it.LMAO

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Me too....... [​IMG]

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

me 3!!!!!!

10. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

ddp, if Eric32 fell for one of those phone scams and let them into his computer there is no telling what might come of this..

11. ddp

I was commenting on the spelling not on what he did.

12. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I am impressed that 2oldGeek used it in the right context. :)

13. Erik32

Erik32 Member

Hey guys. Ya'll are great - I like the banter.

Okay, "aldan" - thank you so much. You are... about to be the winner?

My firefox is back to working. i-explorer also works. The speed is much better.
    However, the e-mail links only worked 1 time after the huge de-bugging, but immediately went back to not working.
    http://imgbox.com/qkzQLxcg
    (pic of the message) "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create
    an association in the set associations control panel."

(I couldn't even find that).
    Also, the pop-ups are now thru the roof. 3 pop-ups (minimum) for each page opened. (Bing, youtube) 3 pop-up pages
    of b.s. sales come-up immediately. My firefox has "ABP" (stop sign icon) pop-up blocker which always worked fantastic- my friends were jealous that I have not had a pop-up in years - but now i have 3 w/every click. Maybe the de-bugging killed a pop-up blocker? (?)
    I found some bad guys in the control panel that i had to uninstall again ("crossBrowse", & others). One called "FanTapper" I can not uninstall. http://imgbox.com/f4BsGnu4
    I ran all 3 programs you mentioned again - but these last 2 issues remain.

"2oldGeek" thanks so much for all the info listed. I will go with 'aldan's advice 1st as he jumped-on this 1st -
    (I am not sure if it would help / hurt / do nothing at this point) -
    but whomever knows the answer, please let me know. If it comes to that I am happy to give 2 rewards.
    Ya'll here have helped me before - and so many other people - this site and ya'll are fantastic and important.
    Echdrum@optonline.net

14. aldan

aldan Active member

i would follow 2olds advice here.the programs i gave you just get you started.you could very well still have issues and this is where 2old comes in.he is the master of malware here.

15. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Thanks for the flowers, aldan. I promise to return the favor (if I ever get a chance, he he)....

@Erik32, run the script for ZOEK, in an earlier post, here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads...refox-ie-stopped-w-vista.756910/#post-5057251

Then run a scan with FRST - this will be the x86 (32bit) version. which I am fairly sure you are. If you are not, it won't run... Let me know...

[​IMG] Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
    • Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    • Press Scan button and wait.
    • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
    Please attach them to your next reply.

2oG

16. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Hi mate this also happened to my partner was Asian speaking guy anyways as above he asked her to download a client which enabled him to access her pc etc etc he was on off the phone to her I WAS AT WORK .. Anyways she realised she had blundered when money 500 pound has disappeared from her account took her 2 weeks to tell me I suspected something as she never used my laptop 2 be honest I though she was just checking up on me as girlfriends do at times lol . Turns out this has went on and she didn't want to switch the of on !! So she told me which closed a row anyways long story short . We Tryied the the best of brands kept finding tojens after Trojans names of things I had never heard off !!! Lucky enough we did have a care plan with pc world with a bit of vidling about we arranged to to take the pc in the couldn't believe it there was so much inbeded in her pc the guy in Pc world said he was cautious to even connect his equipment to it . Anyways he asked us to come in to the shop and if we had a memory card I had a usb drive we took off our important photos that's all and he put FRESH INSTALL of windows vista and a fresh copy of office . As both had licence keys . Anyways as the story's goes the of was clean as a whistle he even changed the hard drive and done In depth test . Pic is fine now and she knows never to allow this to happen again we sometimes get the odd phone call with her name etc who knows where they get it from ovsly some things u sign up 2 even if I have contacts saved in ur pic they can steal names addresses of that aswell . So my advice don't bother with these malware spyware crap and just get a new hard drive and do a fresh install u will have original licence key so anyone with a disk it will be fine to use we where just lucky I payed my 6.99 a month cover plan at of world or I was fxcked !! Hope it helps and to let u know its not just happened to u buddy take care

17. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Basically fresh install mate . Sorry if that sounded confussing !!

18. ddp

don't count on it.

19. Erik32

Erik32 Member

Thank ya'll. I have managed to fix all the pop-ups - had more bad guys to delete/uninstall and then settings within firefox ('add ons" and such) .
    The only thing left is making the links clickable (connecting) in my e-mails again. I will get back to you if it does not work - or try 2olds' thingy. until then... aldan, give me an e-mail on music you like and types of movies - I am anxious to give you your reward. (yes i'll create another reward if i use anyone elses fixes) - thank ya'll.

20. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Fresh install mate always the best root to take there Trojans that embedded now days that that the programs to remove don't detect them so I would totally reinstall your os from scratch !