1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn to dvdr. Please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlg895, Jun 17, 2004.

1. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Yes, I am a newbie. I found this site yesterday and am hooked. I have been trying to figure out, on my own, how to backup my dvd's for months now through dvd decryptor. I have tried on my own for the longest time, I have looked at all the threads and have found nothing that covers my problem. I am trying desperately to burn to a dvdr. I select file from the decryptor and choose decrypt. I have created a VIDEO_TS folder beforehand and sent it there. All files are sent without problem as vob file. But when I try to choose the folder to burn to dvdr it doesn't recognize the format and I'm out of luck. I apologize if I've missed a thread that has covered this material. PLEASE HELP

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

hello jlg895,

Next post, will you state what other programs you are using? Also will you post your system specs?

But here goes... I'm guessing you are trying to burn with Decrypter. You are ripping them in file mode,hence the video_ts folder. Decrypter will only burn ISO's. Also to get a movie onto a dvdr, it has to be compressed. Do you have DVD Shrink? And do you have Nero?

Nero isn't needed, but is a nice program to have. But all you need is Shrink and Decrypter(and hopefully not using a fat32 filesystem)

So Open shrink, open disc.
    Click backup, change target destination to ISO Image File, and check box to Launch DVD Decrypter.
    Click ok.

3. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

This thread is what helped me the most. I use DVDshrink to rip and DVDdecrypter to burn.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/79846

Read Scuba Pete's post at the bottom of the page
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Amd 1200, ATI All in wonder 8500 DV
    383 133 ram
    80 GB HD
    Windows ME
    Memorex 8X DVD Dual format[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004