1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant uninstall conflicting antivirus. errors! errors! driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Tqq, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tqq

Tqq Guest

I installed Mc free antivirus on my laptop and the trial version was working properly untill i installed trend micro pc -cillin. when i tried to uninstall Mc free i received an error message which stated that their was a script error on the page and i was asked if still want to run the script. regardless of what i selected, yes or no, the Mc free application installer window was not desplayed properly and the option buttons to uninstall was left blank. so i can unstall this program and no features of it seem to work, i keep getting the same error message. when i try to uninstall trend micro to see if that would help, i received another error message
    which stated that :" there was an error applying transforms, verify that the specific transform paths are valid" now i cant uninstall even that. can you tell me a way to copletely remove these programs from my laptop.nothing am doing seemes to work. can that cause my system to crash?

2. AE27

AE27 Regular member

Did you mean McAfee? If you did its a pain in the butt to uninstal.

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

you know you shouldnt post the same qeustion on mulitple threads Tqq.

and im sure its mc afee you mean, ive never heard of mc free....

4. Tqq

Tqq Guest

Yea its Mcafree. how can i uninstall it without using add or remove programs to completely remove it from my computer. also the same with trend micro pc-cillin. i can use ms dos to a sertain extent can i use it. if so what are the commands.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.