1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD2 Freezes Computer When Copying

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by lemonvoid, Jan 18, 2007.

1. lemonvoid

lemonvoid Member

I have a Gateway MX6422 with a Mobile AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.79 GHz and 512 MB RAM with 49.9 GB free hard drive space.

When I am trying to burn DVD video files to an ISO my computer freezes up about halfway through the process.

I have no trouble with it on my desktop, been using it for some time now . Anyone have any idea on what the problem could be?

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

its probably a compatibility issue between clonedvd 2 and preloaded software on the gateway like roxio drag to disc , do you have it? if you do disable it or uninstall it

and are you running the latest version of clonedvd 2 (2.9.0.3)

or try uninstalling and doing a clean reinstall of the program

3. lemonvoid

lemonvoid Member

I don't have Roxio Drag To Disc installed and I tried a uninstall and reinstall of CloneDVD and AnyDVD but no luck. Is there any other software that could cause a compatibility issue?

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

list your burning software you have laoded on the machine

COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS WIN!!!

can anyone tell i am from Indianapolis lol!!!

5. lemonvoid

lemonvoid Member

Ok, I had CyberLink DVD Solution with Power2Go burning software. I removed all of this and did a reinstall of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Everything was going great and it got past the halfway point with no problems. I thought it was all going to work out just fine, but then at 98% with 45 seconds to go it froze again. Not a complete computer lock up but CloneDVD froze. A Ctrl-Alt-Del got me out of it. Having cleaned out the burning software, might there be any other software that would cause such a problem?

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

lemonvoid ,

man your were close to getting it transcoded huh, damn that blows

after you uninstall the programs run CCleaner do a disc cleanup plus defrag then reboot reinstall clonedvd 2 + anydvd.

also make sure your firmware is up to date on your drive/burner

laptops can be a little picky when it comes to backing up DVDs (they aren't like desktops) . you might have a temp problem(over heating the CPU) making the laptop freeze up. or a power supply problem.

if none of this works shoot me back and we can try another program like "RipIt4Me"

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

and if your still having the same problem with different software then its an internal problem with the laptop

7. lemonvoid

lemonvoid Member

Sweet! It worked. Thanks for all your help. I uninstalled everything, ran CCleaner, defragged, updated firmware and reinstalled. It ran through perfectly and burned just as well. No skips or anything. Its great! Thanks again aabbccdd.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

lemonvoid , great glad to here it

remember to burn no faster than 8x with good media (Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim)

and remember to keep that machine clean lol