1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clueless About Nero!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by xikiss, Mar 3, 2007.

1. xikiss

xikiss Member

color=red]I'm new to the whole nero subject. I need someone's help on walking me through the program. plz help me some body![/color]

2. saw792

saw792 Member

well, the easiest way to get started is to open nero startsmart, which should have a shortcut on the desktop or in start>nero 7 Premium or start>nero depending on ur version. the startsmart panel provides easy access to basic tasks, just select cd or dvd from the top drop down box and hover the mouse over the categories to view the tasks. clicking the task u want will ope the program for that task, and it is generally straightforward from there.

3. xikiss

xikiss Member

That's about as far as i ever get. Can I store movies on my computer with nero? If so how?

4. saw792

saw792 Member

u can store non-copy protected movies on ur pc by using nero recode, but this is of little use to most ppl. most users of nero also download dvd shrink, which decodes copy-protected material and stores a copy on ur computer, as well as linking up with nero and burning a new copy, which u can then watch with ur pc. note that this is illegal in many countries if u do not own the movie. storing the movie on the pc is not illegal i dont think.

wat is it u actually want to use nero for?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  5. xikiss

xikiss Member

There's movies that i've bought that I'd like to have a copy of, I have a 4 year old, and odds are she's not going to keep the originals without scratches. I've tried burning them using nero but i can't due to the fact that the movies are copy written. I've also tried to figure out how to store them on my hard drive but i haven't figured it out. I downloaded dvd shrink 3.2 not long ago and i'm still clueless

6. saw792

saw792 Member

the way to use dvd shrink is to open it, then insert the disc into your drive. click open disc on top left and select the drive u put the disc into, and it will go through analysing process. (2mins approx). When that is complete all u have to do is click Backup! at the top, and it should prompt u to insert a blank dvd later on. The default settings normally work, otherwise visit the dvd shrink forum. If for some reason it just finishes encoding and then doesnt burn nething, then it wont link with nero and u have to burn it manually. there is a thread for that in one of the forums, but u probly wont need it.

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you have Nero Recode then you can use it. You will need to download a program called AnyDVD which will remove the copy protection, it's a free trial for 21 days, available here

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html?aid=50022

AnyDVD just runs together with Recode.

When using Nero Recode, select the first option, Recode an entire DVD to DVD

Check this link for guides from one of our addicts....bbmayo...excellent guides.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

8. xikiss

xikiss Member

I keep on getting an error.

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    failed to read file "D:\"
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Read my post....DVD Shrink cannot handle some of the NEWER copy protection and is rarely used any more.

10. xikiss

xikiss Member

What would you suject I do Gwendolin

11. saw792

saw792 Member

This is what was said before.

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Exactly as I have suggested in my FIRST post

13. xikiss

xikiss Member

Thanx for everything

14. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Let us know how it goes, if you need further help then just ask in this thread, good luck.