1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining two DVDs to make one

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dansisler, Oct 25, 2004.

1. dansisler

dansisler Member

I have 2 DVDs and would like to combine them onto one. The two DVDs have similarly named files (VIDEO_TS.VOB, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01_0.VOB, etc etc) but different content and as a result, I am having a problem burning them on to one DVD. One has about 45 min, the other about 40 min of Video. I tried re-naming one of the DVD's files, but received error remarks from NERO.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I have NERO, DVDShrink, DVDDecryptor for use.

Thanks in advance.

- Dan Sisler

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Dan,

You won't be able to rename the files and join them that way. The IFO file contains all the information about how the DVD is built and which VOB it plays next. You could try IfoEdit if you wanted to. It lets you edit the IFO file.
    Or for something with more GUI...try downloading DVDLab. It lets you join VOB files. You can also create menus, etc.

Adder.

3. dimad

dimad Regular member

4. dansisler

dansisler Member

I d/l TMPGEnc DVD Author, the 'trial' version. I used that software to combine the two. seems the menues on each DVD took up significant space, so I "DVDShink"d, edited out the menu (really didnt need/want them) and burnt successfully to disc...

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Dan, I'm just curious as to why you didn't use Shrink to join them. Wouldn't that of worked for you?

6. dansisler

dansisler Member

fasfrank, I never thought of using DVDShrink. can you? how?

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Dan,

Try DvdReMake Pro, It's the best authoring tool out there.

I just joined a flipper disc(A Time To Kill), with 2 seperate menus onto one disc using only one menu I created with remake from the originals to go to all scene selections, bonus features, etc from both sides.

After running the finished files thru RB/CCE, the end result is perfect with no noticeable loss on quality.

I don't know of another app out there I could have done this with and keep the original functional menu.

DRM is the best! :>)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  8. MackemX

MackemX Regular member