1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converted DVD plays on iTunes, but not on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by abroth13, Nov 25, 2005.

1. abroth13

abroth13 Member

Hello -- this forum has been a great help to me over the last few days in teaching me how to put videos onto my new 30GB video iPod, so I thank everyone who contributes.

I have already been able to convert two DVDs over to my iPod. However, this time I am trying to convert a movie, and am running into problems. I use DVD Decrypter followed by Videora iPod Converter. I successfully converted it to mp4 format which PLAYS on iTunes. However, it will not play on my iPod. I hear a few clicks, it goes to a black screen, and gives up after a few seconds.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. abroth13

abroth13 Member

just an update: i got the DVD to work on my iPod by converting it to MPEG-4 format in Videora rather than H264 format. Does anybody know why this would make a difference? My other DVD worked in H264, and I thought that was the proper format for the iPod. What is the difference between the two formats?

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Hi, the H264 setting with Videora Ipod Converter works with some movies and not with others because the bitrates are all off. I was having a similar problem until I found some consistent settings that have worked with every movie i''ve converted so far.

Try this

1. Go to settings, profiles, click on New Profile and name it Ipod.

2. Video settings are Mode: MPEG-4>CBR, Bitrate: 768, Resolution: 320x240, Framerate: 29.97fps, Passes: One

3.Custom FFMPEG and AVS Script should be left blank.

4. Audio Settings are: Bitrate: 128, Channels: Stereo, Sample Rate: Input, Volume: 100%, then click apply..

Once you've applied all the settings go back to Convert, Transcode New Video, then under Quality Profile click on the arrow and move down to the profile you just created which should be "IPOD" then apply. Your movie title can be whatever you want it to be just keep your titles short. Good luck and let me know how it worked.

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

LOL, I was typing this tutorial just as you go it to work. Anways, these setting should work with just about every movie..

5. noypi2

noypi2 Member

I will try this setup and let you know guys.

thanks for the info

6. RPVoyd84

RPVoyd84 Guest

can someone help me put a movie on my ipod

7. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member