1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting .aa files to mp3's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by marcpod, Aug 24, 2004.

1. sadievan

sadievan Member

Does anyone have a copy of Audible Manager v5.5.0.3 or know where I can get one. Tried Google with no luck.

Carol

Edited: never mind.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. sadievan

sadievan Member

Do you have a copy of a copy of Audible Manager 5.5.0.3 or know where I can get one.

Edited: never mind

Carol

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  3. Mez

Mez Active member

You can afford to go to a very low bit rate. Lame is great for HiFi but it is not the best choice for books. AAC is better. Lame you can get down to about 40 br using the ABR format which is supposed to be better for low bit rates. AAC can go down to 16 easily. 16 BR is plenty for the human voice.

4. sadievan

sadievan Member

I know I am responding to an old post, but if you are still having issues,
    see Imemine's response #385 on page 16 of this thread. I was having the same problem and this worked. I simply renamed the 'playlist.ap' file to 'OLD_Playlist.ap'

Carol

5. dylan2012

dylan2012 Member

You can have a try on wmvconverter.com which including some converters. i believe one of them can satisfy you.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Why do you think that? You really think some freebee utility is going to crack and AA file? Have you even tried? Audible spends lots of resources so you can't copy them. If you are actually cracking them fine then SORRY, otherwise think before you post. I know you are trying to help but suggesting to use a pea shooter to shoot down the Goodyear Blimp is not help.

7. doysc

doysc Member

That sounds interesting and when I next get a problem I will try this. I wonder though, whether sometimes it's the source file from Audible that's the problem. I have Robert Jordan's Towers of Midnight, for which parts 2, 3, and 4, I have had persistent problems. I can switch to another book completely and convert that without any problems, but I still have problems with that one book...it's like there may be some imperfections in the file that Goldwave can't handle. In addition to this, I also think Goldwave may have some kind of resource issue of it's own. It's almost like if you attempt to convert more than a couple of say, 7 hour Audible parts, it starts to fail to open the file, let alone convert it, before the program stops responding. I then just clean the system of cache, close everything, restart and only load Goldwave, and it usually works. It sometimes takes several attempts to open the .aa file, and than I hope and pray that it gets all the way through the convertion. I try not to go near my machine when it's doing this, as I think it could be either a ram or processor resource issue.

8. tominfl

tominfl Member

Can I review the post here to learn about converting aa files to MP3?

9. tominfl

tominfl Member

Can I review the post here to learn about converting aa files to MP3?

10. toxiclabs

toxiclabs Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  11. avaproagama

avaproagama Member

12. Mez

Mez Active member

Once your files are converted to mp3s, at least one person asked how you can concatenate the tracks. I thought it was in this thread but I couldn't find it. Mergemp3 worked great. I concatenated about 1000 minute files into 10 100 minute files. I did this in only a few minutes.

13. Mez

Mez Active member

Once your files are converted to mp3s, at least one person asked how you can concatenate the tracks. I thought it was in this thread but I couldn't find it. Mergemp3 worked great. I concatenated about 1000 minute files into 10 100 minute files. I did this in only a few minutes.

14. Spazz75

Spazz75 Newbie

I was wondering if someone can please help me. WMP doesn't work with Soundtaxi anymore when I try to convert aa files to mp3. Soundtaxi gives me an error that "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file" or I get another error message "Please make sure that the file has a valid playback license."

I'm on Windows 10 and never had this problem before when I was on Windows 7.

I'm not sure what to do. Soundtaxi worked great in the past.

Thanks.

15. Mez

Mez Active member

"Please make sure that the file has a valid playback license." says most of it. You need to look into what WMP expects in win 10. In 7 the default was to drm every mp3 you made. It would allow you to correct this. If you just used the default all the mp3s you created on win 7 were drmed and you didn't store those super valuable drm key files in a safe place then put them on this computer or who knows what happened. Maybe win 10 wmp will not work with a file that is not drmed. I suggest you use a better player. That is easy to do.

16. Spazz75

Spazz75 Newbie

I still haven't gotten WMP to work with Soundtaxi on Win 10 and I'm at a complete lost and not sure on what to do next. WMP worked once before, but when Soundtaxi launch WMP, WMP played in real time and not in 2x like it used to. Also, WMP would not play more than one .aa file at the same time.

Which player would you recommend and which software should I use other than Soundtaxi to convert .aa into .mp3?

I really need help please.

Thanks.

17. Mez

Mez Active member

There is date information in the top sticky ' You too can be an audio expert' under Audio management reviews.

I have been using Media Monkey for over a decade from a suggestion from this forum. I would not download it from their site because they will want you to pay. You should still be able to get free version from AD or your favorite download site. It has a great deal of valuable features done well.