1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting m4p to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by needuhelp, Dec 27, 2005.

1. needuhelp

needuhelp Member

I have purchased a few songs from itunes but need to convert them in order to use them on my mp3 player (which i was not aware of). I have an iriver and have been trying to find a program to convert it. Surely this is legal???

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes you have discovered the morons at apple that insist they use proprietary formats so only itunes and ipods can play their digital music. unfortunately apple's music comes with DRM (copy protection) so that makes it a little more complicated then simply using a audio converter such as dBPowerAMP to convert it to another format which your player could read. Since you would have to crack the copy protection, it is technically illegal to do so.

3. needuhelp

needuhelp Member

technically illegal... i guess i'm on my own

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

http://www.download.com/ImTOO-MPEG-Encoder/3000-2194_4-10482842.html

download and use by whatever means suits you best register that program in the above link. it converts nearly any video format to any other video format and the same for audio formats. it definately does mp4 to mp3 and vice versa.

i say you need to "register" the prog as it only lets you convert 5 minuites of each file while it has no licence

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

6. hogan

hogan Regular member

I came to this forum to ask the same question (M4P to MP3). I wish the happy apple people would tell you it can't be done before you fork over you money to them. I recieved a mp3 player for Christmas (non Ipod) and wanted to import some of my tunes. Now most of my tunes won't work.

7. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

I have an mp3 player and it plays all music fine. But this is the first I have heard that the apple ipod doesnt play mp3's? but rather mp4's? I know in nero there is an option to convert mp4's to mp3's (version 7). Does the apple ipod play mp3's? or just their format?

8. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

i know this is totally off subject, but winamp can rip files to mp4 you shold be able to get it at winamp.com or search google

9. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

that link i posted will sort out your mp3 - mp4 conversions

10. JanetLeo

JanetLeo Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  11. djscoop

djscoop Active member

dBPowerAMP is free...a much better alternative to those lame all-in-one converter programs that cost

12. shadowklr

shadowklr Member

sorry to all those who tried the above links but for your info the nw APPLE crud wont let u download music with prior virsions or download anything but m4p aac and dont try downloading with current version I-tunes then trying to play or rip with older version cuz that dont work either and as u probably know u cant burn disks from aac m4p cuz apple I-tunes and some I-pods are the only programs that u can add to your 5 computer limit "what horse poo" i suggest to u that u find a new place to get your music however to answer your question yes the is hope the amasing programmers at tunebite kept me from trashing my $100 worth of tunes because the came up with their miracle child TUNEBITE that allows u to record the music as it goes thruogh your soundcard that means no protection simply audio and u can tell the program to capture as mp3 or a few other formats "so hats of to them" I experienced little to no quality loss and it is compatable with I-tunes it also saves file info such as artist and album i think so give it a whirl and see if it works as well for u as it did for me... ONE FINAL NOTE... Apple can bite it cuz as far as install and purchase went the average installer wont see any 5 limit restriction or even know that they wont be able to play files with MP10 till they have already purchased the music

13. shadowklr

shadowklr Member

The program I mentioned TUNEBITE will capture all types of audio no matter what the encription as long as you can currently get the music to play on your computer. It does not convert the actual file it writes a new one. It also has a high speed digital dubbing capability. It works with mp3 m4a aac m4p mp4 wma wav mp2 ogg drm mpeg as far as i can tell. if it works for you spread the word...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  14. JanetLeo

JanetLeo Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  15. darkflux

darkflux Regular member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006